3 hours ago, Doug B said:

I think only the muslim men have the option of divorce

What? in the philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

What? in the philippines

Yes.  Didn't you know Muslims could divorce in Philippines?  Here is a link. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/761714/muslim-christian-couples-divorce-upheld

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  Didn't you know Muslims could divorce in Philippines? 

Nope! somehow I always believed in what was said NO divorce in the PI BUT  there you Go

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Divorce is aways an option to foreigners as long as they obtain it outside of the Philippines.

• 1 month later...
Youngster
Posted
Posted

After reading through this post, I’m still not quite sure about the process.  I married a Filipina in Manila some 30 years ago, and we divorced in the USA.  I am now looking to marry my current filipina girlfriend in the Philippines.

So do I need to file for recognition of divorce with the Philippines Court before I can remarry in the Philippines again, possibly having to wait up to 2 years?

If so, are there any other options?  Marry in Hong Kong?  Do a K-1 VISA and marry in the USA/

I would appreciate any suggestions.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You are legally divorced and free to remarry in the Philippines.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Youngster said:

So do I need to file for recognition of divorce with the Philippines Court before I can remarry in the Philippines again, possibly having to wait up to 2 years?

You just need a CENOMAR as you are divorced.  This might help, https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married/ 

Youngster
Posted
Posted

CENOMAR should  indicate I am married.  So I would just need to provide NSO with my divorce decree and I am free to marry?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

7 minutes ago, Youngster said:

CENOMAR should  indicate I am married.  So I would just need to provide NSO with my divorce decree and I am free to marry?

Huh? NO

CENOMAR  will say you are  divorced and free to marry.  Meaning there is nothing legally stopping you from marrying.  You must get it before applying for a marriage .

NSO is for Filipinos, are you Filipino? 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Youngster said:

As a US citizen you obtain the cenomar from the US Embassy. You may need to show proof of divorce then you just sign the affidavit attesting to the fact that you are unmarried which is notarized by the embassy.

• Like 2