Divorce

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

Something that maybe of interest to somebody in the future. Anybody going this way would of course need do his due diligence and not rely on what I have written.

Was chatting to a friend last evening whom explained his recent divorce to his Filipina, yes not annulment but divorce. While I have no interest in confirming his story I also have no reason to doubt it.

Basically goes like this. After a child and 6 years of a Philippine marriage they accepted it's not going to work long term. He is an American. They drew up an agreement for shared custody and support, had this notarized. Also the attorney made a document for her to sign consenting to a divorce. 

I am not sure but understand  something was done also at the American consul office in Cebu before flying alone to Guam.  He had to stay in Guam I belive 8 days before legalizing the divorce which is recognized here.

Cost wise he said was a fraction of an annulment plus quick and easy. He has since remarried how ever did face some issues regarding  the divorce but was sorted by his attorney.

First I had heard of this so thought maybe of interest to members complentating either assisting an intended spouse or starting a fresh.

One step for man, a giant step for mankind in the philippines.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I look on it as a bonus that it's hard for a Filipino to get a divorce ( annulment) in this country. I'm sure there would be a ten fold increase in rich young Filipinos with their homes bought by their sugar daddies if it was easy..

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Maybe people get married too quickly? Possibly a 20 year trial period before marriage would work.

• Haha 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is a personal observation that many of my friends and family members who have been married for decades have wives who are not very interested in sex.

To wit:   I read an article to my brother and his wife 20 or so years ago that said something like:  "Men who have sex less than once a week are more likely to die of prostate cancer than men who have sex at least once a week."

My brother's wife started laughing hysterically.  I asked what was so funny and she blurted out "Wayne's gonna die" :hystery:

They just celebrated their 31st anniversary yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is a personal observation that many of my friends and family members who have been married for decades have wives who are not very interested in sex.

...and that is why my standard answer to the marital status question is "I am married, but don't have a girlfriend yet".  The locals all laugh, most foreigners look confused ha ha :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

have wives who are not very interested in sex.

And just how Dave did you get an advance kopy of my memoirs hmmmm? I will be speaking with my publisher. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, robert k said:

Maybe people get married too quickly? Possibly a 20 year trial period before marriage would work.

Good idea, but can you still test drive other models? :nudie:

• Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, robert k said:

Could we make that longer Robert????

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I look on it as a bonus that it's hard for a Filipino to get a divorce ( annulment) in this country. I'm sure there would be a ten fold increase in rich young Filipinos with their homes bought by their sugar daddies if it was easy..

From my observations Snowy this restriction has done little to keep the 'socio economic' scale in balance.  Filipino males show little or no devotion to the 'marital vows, just leave and let the woman care for the children without any contribution.

• Like 2