Divorce

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

From my observations Snowy this restriction has done little to keep the 'socio economic' scale in balance.  Filipino males show little or no devotion to the 'marital vows, just leave and let the woman care for the children without any contribution.

I agree the average Filipino male just walks out and there's little consequences. You can't get blood out of a stone etc. If the women is married to a rich foreigner and can get out of it easily I'm sure you'd see a surge in divorces especially if he's been nice enough to put the house in her name. 

• Like 3

oldutot
Posted
Posted
On 9/13/2017 at 5:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is a personal observation that many of my friends and family members who have been married for decades have wives who are not very interested in sex.

To wit:   I read an article to my brother and his wife 20 or so years ago that said something like:  "Men who have sex less than once a week are more likely to die of prostate cancer than men who have sex at least once a week."

My brother's wife started laughing hysterically.  I asked what was so funny and she blurted out "Wayne's gonna die" :hystery:

They just celebrated their 31st anniversary yesterday.

Hey Dave,

I can relate to your post, A mature Filipina is no different to any other older woman.

But then I  have three other pinays in my life, it's a daughter and 2 granddaughters

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 9/13/2017 at 3:23 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yep, Guam is the clostest place for an American divorce. I researched it before I got married.  Not planning to get divorced - but making sure there is an exit clause if needed ha ha :tiphat:

Never hurts to have a backup plan. :hystery:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes never say never.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, mogo51 said:

Could we make that longer Robert????

Ron as they say in Pataya up to you.

• 8 months later...
Doug B
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/14/2017 at 2:04 PM, mogo51 said:

From my observations Snowy this restriction has done little to keep the 'socio economic' scale in balance.  Filipino males show little or no devotion to the 'marital vows, just leave and let the woman care for the children without any contribution.

That's what happened to my girlfriend, her ex went back to his ex and left her with 2 kids, but my gf is divorced legally, she a Christian and he's a muslim, under muslim law he can divorce, so with a few signatures she's free to marry.

Edited by Doug B
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Doug B said:

That's what happened to my girlfriend, her ex went back to his ex and left her with 2 kids, but my gf is divorced legally, she a Christian and he's a muslim, under muslim law he can divorce, so with a few signatures she's free to marry.

Does it work the other way if your partner wakes up one morning wanting to be a muslim? It might be quicker and cheaper than lubricating some attorneys hands. 

• Like 3

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2017 at 4:52 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

...and that is why my standard answer to the marital status question is "I am married, but don't have a girlfriend yet".  The locals all laugh, most foreigners look confused ha ha :tiphat:

that situation is so easily remedied

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
On 9/17/2017 at 6:44 AM, mogo51 said:

Yes never say never.

It might be worth noting that if youre an American you should consider marrying your pinay in America for just this reason. whether the problems are with you or your wife you both have the option of an easy divorce in Guam if youre living in the Fils.  Its so popular that Guam has divorce packages. im not sure how other countries work it out. 

Doug B
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Does it work the other way if your partner wakes up one morning wanting to be a muslim? It might be quicker and cheaper than lubricating some attorneys hands. 

I think only the muslim men have the option of divorce

• Like 2