Caring for a very Poorly Dog

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I don't Know if anyone will Remember my Topic of our "Lost Dog" way back in may But with the blue Collar Dogs ( she is unedr there.).jpg My "Lost Boy Shadow" Got out and chased some Intruders at Fiesta time.

He was only gone 1 (One night and Found his way Up to Valencia some 6 km away. Here he is coming HomeDog shadow with Mama.jpg Dogs Shadow coming Home.jpg Unfortunately he must have made a friend or two or just Drank Infected water or Food and over the last few Months has developed Distemper, Now he sits in a Segregated Cage Not very well having lost over 1/2 his huge weight, he is not in Pain and eating and Drinking, he is on daily Antibiotics and Immune Boosters and will start steroids tomorrow.

I am not going to post any Photos of him like this as it is too upsetting, The Vet says he is Strong in Will and he is making progress. We are all hopeful as a family and with well wishing Thoughts from our Friends here we will do all we can to save our Lad who had a character all of his Own, he has always been the Naughty and Noisy one who led our Guests to the Front door by holding their wrist in his Mouth. I miss him Sitting on the Terrace Steps with his Big Grin But that will come back I am so hopefully sure  Not a very nice thing maybe for a Topic but our Dogs are family and deserve all the thoughts and Help we can give them

Thank You for Reading.

Our Little Big "Lost boy at 6 months old  with his Sister of 1 Year ( he is in Blue collarDogs, me and my Sister I'm in Green.jpg and at 7 monthsDos Puppy with sore face.jpg

And After he came home from his TripShadow aftwr his Trip.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Get well soon, Shadow.

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Best of luck Jack, we are also attached very much to our mutt, let's keep fingers xxxxd

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

He is all skin and bones since I last saw him.

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

He is all skin and bones since I last saw him.

He is all of that but gaining a little daily, now he is barking a Little, Hmmmm Asking for food like a baby.:wink:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

All the best Jack, living and watching a  friend change over the last few months must be hard when all you can do is watch.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

gaining a little daily

That makes ALL the difference.  He'll be fine if you keep babying him.  Gaining weight is the magic charm in this case.  Now if the same could be said for my ex wife . .  . :shades:

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

He is all of that but gaining a little daily, now he is barking a Little, Hmmmm Asking for food like a baby.:wink:

I've been meaning to ask how he's doing. Good to hear that progress is being made. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Hope he's getting stronger each day. Animals are my one weakness, I hate to see them suffer but I'm sure he's in great hands. All the best. 

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davewe said:

I've been meaning to ask how he's doing. Good to hear that progress is being made. Fingers crossed!

As I have said Dave, he grows Stronger each day but thank you for the Concern :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
COS