Caring for a very Poorly Dog

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear about your loss,I have two dogs one of them is 18 years old , only doggy people understand that they are not just pets but they are your furry children

Rip shadow

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Sorry for you and your family.   Be happy for Shadow, "All Dogs Go To Heaven"  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

So sorry to hear of your loss Jack.  I really do feel your sense of loss.  You see our West Highland White terrier "Rachel" died October 2nd.  She had attacked and killed a cane toad.  Since our arrival she has killed several cane toads and each time she was able to survive the expisode.  This time she did not.  Rachel was 10 years old and came here with us from the USA.  She had a wonderful personality and never met a person she did not like.  An alert watchdog who always knew when someone was approaching and she was also hell on rats, crabs, snakes, etc.  She was also a "sheet shark".   Ours other dog, Gabriel, is subdued these days and has more of a desire to be close to me.  He looks at me with those deep brown eyes, and I wonder what what is going through his mind.  My wife and I are still in the grieving process, but each day it is a little better and we both agree that it is time to start the search for a new puppy.  

I purposely left out the details of what happens when a dog is exposed to the toxin of a cane toad.  The results are very disturbing to say the least.  Those readers who have dogs may want to google "toxic cane toad and dogs" for information just in case you have these toads in your area. 

• Like 2

ClearSky
Posted
Posted

Good on ya for takeing care of till the end of that special friend.

I got a couple of black labs that have had white snouts now for some time.  They have helped me a lot in raising my children.  They are not able to help much any more but we take care of them all the same.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Sorry to learn of Shadow's passing. Condolences to you and yours for the loss of your friend and family member. Enjoy all those happy memories you have.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well as many know, "Shadows" Sister "Midnight" gave Birth shortly after my Boy passed away, 9 in all but we lost 2, All except 1 have now gone to Good Homes. This Beauty we have Kept and although many may think it Strange we have called him "Shadow" but in true Filipino fashion it has become "Shad Shad" written as they Do "Shad x2"

So at 12 weeks, Our New Boy Growing very fast  dogs Shad 2.jpg :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 3
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Nice, thanks for sharing that.

V2.0? :mocking:

• Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So at 12 weeks, Our New Boy Growing very fast  

Looks good Jack, staple diet of flip flops. :hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Looks good Jack, staple diet of flip flops. :hystery:

Oh! yes :thumbsup:

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 10/21/2017 at 8:55 PM, Mike J said:

So sorry to hear of your loss Jack.  I really do feel your sense of loss.  You see our West Highland White terrier "Rachel" died October 2nd.  She had attacked and killed a cane toad.  Since our arrival she has killed several cane toads and each time she was able to survive the expisode.  This time she did not.  Rachel was 10 years old and came here with us from the USA.  She had a wonderful personality and never met a person she did not like.  An alert watchdog who always knew when someone was approaching and she was also hell on rats, crabs, snakes, etc.  She was also a "sheet shark".   Ours other dog, Gabriel, is subdued these days and has more of a desire to be close to me.  He looks at me with those deep brown eyes, and I wonder what what is going through his mind.  My wife and I are still in the grieving process, but each day it is a little better and we both agree that it is time to start the search for a new puppy.  

I purposely left out the details of what happens when a dog is exposed to the toxin of a cane toad.  The results are very disturbing to say the least.  Those readers who have dogs may want to google "toxic cane toad and dogs" for information just in case you have these toads in your area. 

As a former Westie owner, I know the problem. The hunting instinct is irrepressible. Plus they are fearless. One of them I had, as he got older, thought he could still go after bears like he did in his youth. Only he wasn't that quick any more, and that was that.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1