Caring for a very Poorly Dog

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): victor meldrew.jpg  Little Boy Shadow is down at the vets as I write this (wife and helper went on the Bike to save time before they close) poor little Blighter has not eaten since Sunday Morning So as some of the Symptoms are those of his uncle  We thought best act very quickly. Just Hoping all is well and we don't lose this beautiful little boy :sad: 

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just Hoping all is well and we don't lose this beautiful little boy :sad: 

Ok so he is back and the tests for Parvo and Distemper are negative that's good news, he has URTI (Upper respiratory tract infection) and is just lethargic. Booster Antibiotics and Force feeding are now the order of the day, + the Meds prescribed for this, SO whilst he is still not too well i am a happier chappy for the news :smile:  

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ok so he is back and the tests for Parvo and Distemper are negative that's good news, he has URTI (Upper respiratory tract infection) and is just lethargic. Booster Antibiotics and Force feeding are now the order of the day, + the Meds prescribed for this, SO whilst he is still not too well i am a happier chappy for the news :smile:  

Good news but how do you force feed a dog? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hold their mouth open and push the food down with your finger,they have no choice but to swallow.I do it with tablets all the time to mine.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Good news.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

AH! I see kevs got a way but we are using a mix Like "Complan" that is oatmeal and stuff with Vitamins that we shoot down his throat through a needleless syringe. His antibiotics are a little bit of a problem but crushed and mixed with a little milk goes in OK we are waiting for new stocks of Liquid meds so hopefully all will be OK.

Can I say on this now G & G's once again, thank you all for  your thoughts and encouragement :thumbsup:

Jack :smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Hold their mouth open and push the food down with your finger,they have no choice but to swallow.I do it with tablets all the time to mine.

Yeah bin there Kev (Sonjack) Little bugger saves  it up and spits it out later :571c66d400c8c_1(103): as I posted we have gone onto the "Complan" way we did for his Uncle, Apparently it swells in the Stomach and he gets what goodness he needs, Like us,Animals never  realy need large meals but it is the contents that give the nutrients that are required. Saves on the Pooh output too :whistling:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

e shoot down his throat through a needleless syringe.

CAUTION!  I did that with a cat and some got in his lungs as you have no control which hole it is going down.  The cat died from that.  Be very careful

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

CAUTION!  I did that with a cat and some got in his lungs as you have no control which hole it is going down.  The cat died from that.  Be very careful

Yes we are being but thank you for the Thought, The Vet has shown us the way to do it and as long as it is done that way it is Good, by restricting the air the Pup swallows as soon as he can so we can proceed and he can breath in between Shots.odd how animals seem to know whilst they don't want to eat they help in their own way. :wink: :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:sad: Guess this will be my Last post on this Topic, Little man "Shadow" passed away in the night and we buried him this morning, sad day and many tears, what surprises me is how quick all this was , Saturday he was leaping about with the others and in a really naughty mood, Sunday he was lethargic and only ate a little (nothing after his breakfast) Monday he would not eat at all and he went to the vets, he perked up a little and was eating from a Spoon on Tuesday( Yesterday) Last night he refused even his mixture by Syringe Then my wife was shouted by the Younger of our helpers that "Shad" would not Wake up. He was as Stiff as a board so he must have gone earlier in the Evening.

So it was Au revoir My little man Sad day to say the least.

Thank You once again all that have contributed to this Tragic Topic & to "Old", Dan, Thank you for the mail this Morning :thumbsup:

Jack

• Sad 8