We're not in West Sussex now Toto

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

For some reason I missed the last part of my own thread. When were you in UB (how long ago, and which season)?

I was there in 2007, In May so i guess it was either late spring or early summer, it was a bad week really as it was a 3 day trek from his base camp (Scientist on Government Agricultural research) Heavy going on Old jeepney type vehicles to get supplies.It seemed to me to be a Journey of ALL Seasons, (So changeable) We stayed in his Sisters Apartment where I was lucky enough to get a good guided tour of the Place (UB) I had travelled many odd countries with the Relief Wing of the RAF but Mongolia was an eye opener to me and believe it or not could teach even the Afghans a thing or two about Survival. Pity that on that Trip I had not taken a good Camera and the one I did take Froze up before we got to the City. I have written to Olaf to see if he has some Photos he can send me and will add them to your Planned Topic on Mongolia. As you say in another Post, I had not realized until I went there just How Fiercely they defend the Independence they Have.

Happy Traveling My friend

Jack:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1