Any news on new divorce act passing through courts?

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Hi 

Just after some upto date information on whether there’s news of the new divorce act passing through the courts aired on Filipino Tv earlier this year?

If not, the annulment process, still lengthy? Corrupt? Tough to get? Expensive?recommended?

Filipino gf is married still officially but 10 years separated.

TIA

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Hi 

Just after some upto date information on whether there’s news of the new divorce act passing through the courts aired on Filipino Tv earlier this year?

If not, the annulment process, still lengthy? Corrupt? Tough to get? Expensive?recommended

no, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, heck no :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Haha @scott h love it 😂😂. Straight to the point then. Looks like I’ll be doing the Visa runs then for as long as I’m with her 😂😂

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Haha @scott h love it 😂😂. Straight to the point then. Looks like I’ll be doing the Visa runs then for as long as I’m with her 😂😂

Yes! if you don't get arrested first. Just lately we are hearing a lot about  Foreigners caught foul with married ladies, Be careful my friend :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Haha @Jack Peterson I’ll see if she’s happy staying in the cupboard then 😂😜. Just joking! Thanks for the advise buddy 😀

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Just joking!

Just remember its not a joke if her non-divorced husband is still living here in Philippines, is well connected, is vindictive enough to make your life miserable, or sees a lot of pesos that he may get his hands on.

Other than that, there are quite a few expats living with married filipinas who have a legal separation or a husband who does not care.  

How big a deal is it?  Well click this link for a lawyer who will help you sue your wife for adultery and get her and her lover thrown in jail for 6 years.

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Cheers @Dave Hounddriver She’s applying for legal separation next month buddy so at least that’s sorted. Hopefully they’ve lost her married records 😂😂😎

• Haha 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Ps the guy has moved on and has other kids so he would be guilty too? @Dave Hounddriver

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Ps the guy has moved on and has other kids so he would be guilty too? @Dave Hounddriver

Only the woman is guilty in the Philippines.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's definitely hit and miss. The connected politician trying to push it through is in a relationship with someone else's wife. The law is ignoring him but the Catholic church is fighting it. If it's anything like the usual things here a lot will depend on where you live and who the husband is. 

If he's in a new relationship with kids the blackmail money could come in handy. 

It's definitely the two extremes here. You could go to jail, get kicked out of the country and never allowed to return or people will just shrug their shoulders and let you get on with it. 

My concern would be getting kicked out of the country without an appeal. Best to do it all legally even if it means getting raped by a lawyer. 

• Like 1