Any news on new divorce act passing through courts?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Only the woman is guilty in the Philippines.

I expect you meant " you may sue your wife and her paramour for adultery. " as I quoted in the link but I take you point that no one ever sues a husband for adultery.  Not sure if they could, I've just never heard of it done.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I expect you meant " you may sue your wife and her paramour for adultery. " as I quoted in the link but I take you point that no one ever sues a husband for adultery.  Not sure if they could, I've just never heard of it done.

Husbands don't commit adulterty in the Philippines it's called concubinage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

The wife says that most women go into marriage knowing sometime in their marriage the husband is going to be unfaithful and except this, but if the woman is unfaithful the law must be upheld.

The older PI generation used to have one or two extra women on the side they could turn too monthly. The wife knows of one of her relations that had 27 children to 3 women while maried to one of the women. That answers one of the reasons why PIs don't celebrate birthdays.

And no, I'm a foreigner, so the rule doesn't apply for me, I'm warned . :89: I'm still a man doesn't wash with her either. :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Haha @scott h love it 😂😂. Straight to the point then. Looks like I’ll be doing the Visa runs then for as long as I’m with her 😂😂

Yes

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

Only the woman is guilty in the Philippines.

That sounds fair????

• Haha 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2017 at 6:43 PM, mogo51 said:

That sounds fair????

Yep.....for us

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Maybe you could hire her as a maid with a contract. Maybe that would give you some safeguard.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/4/2017 at 5:28 AM, Clermont said:

That answers one of the reasons why PIs don't celebrate birthdays.

Off topic but first I have ever heard of that. 

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I know a Filipina and Canadian married in Canada. I went over to their place to maybe sell them a few bike parts I have and asked her when they were going to PH?. She replied I would go tomorrow ,cept my husband would prob.  meet us at the airport and shoot us both.  The Canadian just laughed at this.They are actually trying to bring her 18 yr old son over to Canada as soon as he is finished his schooling. If/when dIvorse is legal in PH there will be a stampede to the divorse court.

• Like 1