Murder and Suicide

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

( From another Topic a post by myself)**Yet my friend as member Reeboot says they are highly regarded (G-Shocks) do you not think maybe you are Advertising this Status Symbol as a come and get me.** Fight them off brings a problem. (in my mind anyway)

The thing is that when we (The foreigner) talk about things it is mainly because we are brought up in a different and more regulated place that we can mostly understand Opinions and reasoning But:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Think on this, The locals have a mindset that should you offend them, they want retribution and it can go so very bad for someone. Now we can all go round in Circles trying to understand our own Likeminds many miles away in a far of place that we are not. We are here, So can we at some stage think on merging the two thought processes and maybe come up with a common denominator because to me it sounds practically all the time  Envy of Something. If the Shooter was mentally Ill however , Someone somewhere knew & again to me, this is where the search for answers may Lay. We all have Friends and maybe in a Relationship that is sound, I know that at times my mind may wander off it's normal path, But I have people all around me that will say Hey Jack! what's eating you today or just now even, Can we help, Let's go for beer Problem shared problem halved. 

"No man is an Island"  This man had a G/F back in the Philippines & from Reports, another on the day with him so he was no Island, so either or Both knew Him.

Are we looking in the Right Places for answers?

Castaway
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

We (I'm probably focusing mostly on the US population) need to bring people together to discuss issues rather than continuously inciting the poisonous division that has increased exponentially in the last decade.

I surely hate to get political but here I go... there is a divisive person in charge of the US right now who spouts poisonous words on a daily basis to all US citizens and to the rest of the world.

The Las Vegas shooter was known to be seen at demonstrations against the US President... so, he may have been triggered to lose his mind by things that were done/said by the US president. Just Saying.

• Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Castaway said:

I surely hate to get political but here I go... there is a divisive person in charge of the US right now who spouts poisonous words on a daily basis to all US citizens and to the rest of the world.

The Las Vegas shooter was known to be seen at demonstrations against the US President... so, he may have been triggered to lose his mind by things that were done/said by the US president. Just Saying.

Most of the time you contribute very good posts, but this is sheer guesswork based on trying to turn the thread into a political debate.  You must know the thread will have to be locked as soon as someone responds to your point of view with the "T" word.

• Thanks 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Castaway said:

Or maybe like the NRA the liberal media are spinning the narrative to get people to think the way they want them to think. I'm sure there's going to be millions of dollars spent now on campaigns to prove how useful weapons are and like adverts for skin whitening over here some will buy into it. Gun deaths know no political party, it's been going on since guns were invented and I'd even argue there's been higher deaths in Democratic strongholds like Chicago than in some Republican areas.

I still go back to the only way to appease everyone is to have technology remove the problem. Sure it may take 100 years but with will power it could be a lot sooner. I've seen fingerprint and key pad operated weapons, they've been prototypes for over 5 years now. Again if a law was passed so that manufacturers had to produce such weapons and the public were made aware that in 10 years time non military stock weapons must all comply or be handed in it will make a vast difference. Compensate those that hand their weapons in fully so they have nothing to complain about. If after 10yrs the weapons aren't handed in introduce as serious a punishment as possible. We've dog and electronic detectors that can locate concealed weapons. Let the vermin know that if they get stopped at a random check, supermarket, airport, bar etc and they are carrying an unregulated weapon it's good night for them.

As I've said before they can introduce emission controls and ban certain vehicles from cities which has cost manufacturers millions of dollars to implement, and a gun is a lot simpler than a vehicle yet it passed congress so why not do it with weapons? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_gun

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Castaway said:

Well considering he was building a stockpile of weapons well before the current president came to office I think he lost his mind sometime ago and has nothing to do with anything political. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think he lost his mind sometime ago and has nothing to do with anything political. 

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Castaway said:

Under Obama there was 15 mass shootings. So what's your point?

http://time.com/4058841/obama-mass-shootings/

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

We live in troubled times, and it's difficult to say what goes on in any individual's head.

In reference to the happening in Jack's town, I've noticed in reading Cebu Sunstar Daily that at least one or two Filipino residents in various places here have taken their own life lately. Sometimes there are two reports in one day, Some being suicides among young people, and others being adults, upon facing depressing or confusing situations, decide to end there life. Not sure if some are copycat type acts, but  I suspect that maybe the lack of mental health knowledge in many areas and lack of guidance in schools  and the many stigmas related to mental illness here and elsewhere, have kept people isolated and without hope in their problems.  Many areas in the Philippines lack adequate mental hospitals and mental   health services are not often available to even those that could afford.

Cebu government is trying to develop a help line for the public, and does have a mental hospital and services in the public in Cebu City, but this is not always the case.

I remember a quote that I heard once as a teen that stated something like "Problems and  issues can be temporary and will be solved over time, but suicide is a  permanent solution that can't be changed."

Many times suicidal people don't share or keep inside their feelings before finally reaching a breaking point that leads to suicide.  A sad situation for individuals and families.

• Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I suspect that maybe the lack of mental health knowledge in many areas and lack of guidance in schools  and the many stigmas related to mental illness here and elsewhere, have kept people isolated and without hope in their problems.  Many areas in the Philippines lack adequate mental hospitals and mental   health services are not often available to even those that could afford.

Queenie, I believe that this is a global problem, since the stigma of mental illness often prevents the people who are desperately in need of getting help from getting the help that they need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Let's get away from politics and also the Vegas shooting as we have another topic for that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1