Are Filipinos Racists?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

nothing to describe people from England

Pommes, Limeys, C*nts, or Brits as the mood strikes you.  I'm sure there are others.

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Old55 said:

Dylan wrote All Along The Watchtower in 1967 I have that LP. Jimmy was a big fan of Dylan and his cover was on Electric Ladyland the following year.

I know. :wink:

• Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Most of us as adults can handle the comments.  Turn and walk away and not be around people like this.  It is when the children start against each other and becomes not funny but hurtful.  When in school you just cannot leave and will be around these people each day.  My daughter has been experiencing this for the past three years here in school.  The first year we tried to explain it is the way the locals joke with you and get to know you.  She made friends with most of them and has fun with them.  But still now from fifth grade to the seventh grade it has only gotten worse.  So bad recently she has come home crying and doesn't want to go back to school.  The teachers and admin had been made aware but only a few words to the students and back to the same thing again.  They assure us they will monitor and take care of any issues should they arise.  She is very observant for her age.  She says its like the traffic here.  The LTO just turns their head and since they don't enforce the laws, the drivers keep doing wrong.  She says the same thing with the students and the racist comments and harassment/ joking about being foreign.  It is just not her but all the foreign students have to endure it.  Now if your thinking this would not happen in one of the better schools I will inform you this is DLSU Integrated School.  Now of course all these students will be on their best behavior while in class and and around other adults.  My daughter has even had one teacher who would make jokes about the way she pronounce some words just to get the rest of the class to laugh.  Very embarrassing and hurtful.  And this coming from one of the teachers she liked.  Before moving here and through more than a decade of visiting I never observed anything like this and thought here would different than western countries.  Wow was I wrong. 

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

It goes back to the same old point, it's not what you say but how it's said.  I would say that the majority of the time I've heard the "Paki" word it's been in a derogatory way (close to 100% t.b.h.) but I've been called a Jock plenty of times without offence intended or taken.  It's interesting to note we have Jocks, Paddys/Micks and Taffys in the UK but nothing to describe people from England, the country which makes up maybe 75% of the UK population.  

Poms. 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 12:31 AM, intrepid said:

Most of us as adults can handle the comments.  Turn and walk away and not be around people like this.  It is when the children start against each other and becomes not funny but hurtful.  When in school you just cannot leave and will be around these people each day.  My daughter has been experiencing this for the past three years here in school.  The first year we tried to explain it is the way the locals joke with you and get to know you.  She made friends with most of them and has fun with them.  But still now from fifth grade to the seventh grade it has only gotten worse.  So bad recently she has come home crying and doesn't want to go back to school.  The teachers and admin had been made aware but only a few words to the students and back to the same thing again.  They assure us they will monitor and take care of any issues should they arise.  She is very observant for her age.  She says its like the traffic here.  The LTO just turns their head and since they don't enforce the laws, the drivers keep doing wrong.  She says the same thing with the students and the racist comments and harassment/ joking about being foreign.  It is just not her but all the foreign students have to endure it.  Now if your thinking this would not happen in one of the better schools I will inform you this is DLSU Integrated School.  Now of course all these students will be on their best behavior while in class and and around other adults.  My daughter has even had one teacher who would make jokes about the way she pronounce some words just to get the rest of the class to laugh.  Very embarrassing and hurtful.  And this coming from one of the teachers she liked.  Before moving here and through more than a decade of visiting I never observed anything like this and thought here would different than western countries.  Wow was I wrong. 

Thank you for relating your experience. I hope when the time comes my wife and I will be able to home school/unschool our daughter. Especially if we are still in the US. I have already informed my wife that I will never ever send our daughter to a public school in the US.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've heard of no such behavior in my local public schools. I currently have 2 children attending school. I think it probably depends greatly on where you live.

Edited by Reboot

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/22/2018 at 6:03 PM, jimeve said:

Poms. 

Tommy.@jimeve

Edited by sonjack2847

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, intrepid said:

My daughter has been experiencing this for the past three years here in school.  The first year we tried to explain it is the way the locals joke with you and get to know you.  She made friends with most of them and has fun with them.  But still now from fifth grade to the seventh grade it has only gotten worse.  So bad recently she has come home crying and doesn't want to go back to school.  The teachers and admin had been made aware but only a few words to the students and back to the same thing again.  They assure us they will monitor and take care of any issues should they arise. 

You should tell the school if they don`t stop your daughter being bullied then you will go to the department of education and report it.I feel sorry for your daughter I know how she feels.I hope you can get this sorted so as it doesn`t have a too negative effect on her some kids can be very cruel.@intrepid.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

You should tell the school if they don`t stop your daughter being bullied then you will go to the department of education and report it.I feel sorry for your daughter I know how she feels.I hope you can get this sorted so as it doesn`t have a too negative effect on her some kids can be very cruel.@intrepid. 

Yes, My daughter had an hour meeting with her advisor last Wed.  She didn not go to school Thursday due to stress and there was no school Friday.  She did return to class today.  We are praying for the best and advised her to keep to herself.  Its a shame she for a young 12 year old to have to live the life of a loner.  We requested a meeting with the school principal last Tuesday and explained the reason for the meeting request.  How ever, until now we still have no appointment.  We will make a second request today and then after a day or so we will be contacting the DepEd.  I still am amazed we have not heard anything from the school admin. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm very sorry to read this. I hope somehow it all works out well. 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic