Are Filipinos Racists?

intrepid
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I'm very sorry to read this. I hope somehow it all works out well. 

Yes we are hoping also.  I’m a pretty patient person usually.  I want to give plenty of time for this principal to respond and each day passing, (actually hour), my bp rises and after so many days I will unload, in a very respectful way of course.  When we requested an appointment we left our phone numbers, email address, and of course they could send a note through our daughter.  I will tell him that this issue is more serious than academics at this time and to be co callous in delaying confronting the problem is unacceptable.  I have a two page letter typed out and I think if I do not hear from him by this evening, the letter will be sent by email to all the school faculty along with DepEd.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Yes we are hoping also.  I’m a pretty patient person usually.  I want to give plenty of time for this principal to respond and each day passing, (actually hour), my bp rises and after so many days I will unload, in a very respectful way of course.  When we requested an appointment we left our phone numbers, email address, and of course they could send a note through our daughter.  I will tell him that this issue is more serious than academics at this time and to be co callous in delaying confronting the problem is unacceptable.  I have a two page letter typed out and I think if I do not hear from him by this evening, the letter will be sent by email to all the school faculty along with DepEd.

A lot of people think that if you ignore something somehow it will go away.That may work with locals who in reality are afraid of teachers etc but not with an expat. If you send the emails and still nothing happens you can contact the Duterte hotline that should get them moving.

Edited by sonjack2847
Add info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 11:53 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Pommes, Limeys, C*nts, or Brits as the mood strikes you.  I'm sure there are others.

Surely these are terms to describe people from Britain as a whole, not England specifically which was my point Dave

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 6:03 PM, jimeve said:

Poms. 

Poms are people from Britain, not specifically England

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Surely these are terms to describe people from Britain as a whole, not England specifically

It is likely you are correct, but I have never heard a Scot referred to as a Pomme or a Limey.  YMMV

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is likely you are correct, but I have never heard a Scot referred to as a Pomme or a Limey.  YMMV

Exactly - A Scot would be referred to as a Jock.  But, the dictionary says POM and Limey are people from Britain

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

the dictionary says POM and Limey are people from Britain

It's a vague point, really.  Project Britain website says:

Slang terms sometimes used for the English include "Sassenachs" (from the Scots Gaelic), "Limeys" (in reference to the citrus fruits carried aboard English sailing vessels to prevent scurvy) and "Pom / Pommy" (used in Australian English and New Zealand English).

As an English born, Canadian bred, Philippine domiciled gent with proud Welsh ancestry, I don't give a rat's arse what people call me provided its said with a smile and said with a friendly attitude.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3
  • Love it 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, intrepid said:

Before moving here and through more than a decade of visiting I never observed anything like this and thought here would different than western countries. 

I was under the impression that foreigner kids were a novelty here in schools etc in a way like popular with other kids. Obviously schools here dont have an anti bully policy.  Is there another school she can go to? 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It's a vague point, really.  Project Britain website says:

As an English born, Canadian bred, Philippine domiciled gent with proud Welsh ancestry, I don't give a rat's arse what people call me provided its said with a smile and said with a friendly attitude.

I don't really know if it's a vague point  - I have checked several references and all refer to poms and limeys as people from Britain.  Except those few who make the error of thinking Great Britain and England are interchangeable, of course!

As for the second point - yes, of course which is exactly the point made in my original post. 

Edited by hk blues
Original post read as being too direct/rude which was not my intention
  • Thanks 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Certain websites mention the term limey is derived from the 1st World War due to the shape of the soldiers helmit when you place 2 together, also they Mention the lime thrown over the dead to stop disease so it was adopted as propaganda by the German troops, As for Pomey this is an Australian term for prisoner of mother England..... We call them Bread Stealing B@s7ards....lol but all on good fun

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic