Are Filipinos Racists?

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

Still holding out hope something will be resolved if we get to meet the principal.

Hello Dan,

You would think that prejudice against the color of the skin or culture would be such an issue in the Philippines.  I feel your frustrations and would not blame you for taking even a more drastic action.  As you already know, phone calls and documentations with time stamp are your weapons against inconsiderate school officials for not making a courtesy call in a timely manner.

May I suggest that you somehow covertly audio tape the conversation for this upcoming meeting with principal.  You can easily protect yourself and also demand immediate action against disputing conversation.  The board of education or president Duterte would really appreciate the solid proof against spoiled high tenured govt officials who think they are untouchable.  

As they say in the navy......all ahead flank, weapons free.  Respectfully Jake  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

BKB
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, intrepid said:

Most of us as adults can handle the comments.  Turn and walk away and not be around people like this.  It is when the children start against each other and becomes not funny but hurtful.  When in school you just cannot leave and will be around these people each day.  My daughter has been expexperiencing this for the past three years here in school.

I feel for your daughter. If i were in your shoes, rather than being stone walled by the bureaucracy and trying to change something that will possibly never fully change. I might consider enrolling my daughter in a martial arts class, that might give her more confidence to deal with a situation.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

You mean originated from Great Britain, don't you - I don't imagine many Scots/Irish/Welsh immigrants would appreciate being called English!  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

As far as I'm aware, the term pom means an immigrant from Britain so would not be correctly applied to children born in Australia with parents of British descent

I was persificate in my answer, not a general aerial compass answer, but then again, tell it to the high court of Australia, they have just ruled on the eligibility of Senators and MP's in our parliament for being descendants of another nationality. By elections were called.

Still on topic: Who would want to disown their place of birth, taking out Citizenship of another country still makes you ineligible of a lot of jobs. :thumbsup:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Clermont said:

I was persificate in my answer, not a general aerial compass answer, but then again, tell it to the high court of Australia, they have just ruled on the eligibility of Senators and MP's in our parliament for being descendants of another nationality. By elections were called.

Still on topic: Who would want to disown their place of birth, taking out Citizenship of another country still makes you ineligible of a lot of jobs. :thumbsup:

Yes, I did wonder if you were referring to your and your family specifically or Australians in general.  Regardless, having spent the last 15 years in Asia making the point to people that England is merely one part of Great Britain and that calling people from one of the other places English is at best misinformed, I didn't want to let the chance slip! No offence intended or taken :smile:

It's an interesting point regarding eligibility for certain position - we could argue that it is an example of the clearest racism possible and being carried out by governments everywhere.  As with anything in my view - if a person has the knowledge, skills and attitude to do the job then anything else is immaterial.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 3 months later...
Alexander
Posted
Posted

I've read all this topic and found it interesting. As forum members wrote above, racism factor in RP depends of person, i guess... For example i've met some racists in Thailand, several locals who dislikes all foreigners, or just some nations. Once i was looking for a house for rent for my friend who was about to come for one month, and the landlord said he won't rent his condo for russians. Well, at least i understand why some locals dislikes my compatriots, many of them behave like savages when they are on vacation. In fact i usually avoid compatriots being out of Russia, and that's one of reasons why i don't really like my homeland. I just hope that in RP russians didn't got a shitty reputation yet >.<

Btw, should i expect an intolerance on Philippines in cause of my look? I have a lot of tattooes, and it could be "unacceptable" for some conservative people as i can guess.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Btw, should i expect an intolerance on Philippines in cause of my look? I have a lot of tattooes, and it could be "unacceptable" for some conservative people as i can guess.

My friend, the PI is getting to be a tattoo centre, You will fit in no doubt :wink:

• Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Alexander said:

I have a lot of tattooes, and it could be "unacceptable" for some conservative people as i can guess.

If you like tattoo's you might be interested in Whang-od. There is a long history of tatoo's in some areas of the Philippines and she is a world famous tattoo artist following the old traditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whang-od

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I do not have an opinion on whether or not Filipinos are racist but I do know some of them do not like Americans others do not like Chinese. 

What I do know as an American is that Americans like to give derogatory names to minorities.  I'll mention some of them throughout history and you might guess what the racial slur is.

There's the Irish, Italians, Spanish, Jews, Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos, Middle Easterners, African-Americans. I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that I remember. 

Then, there are the ethnic jokes. There are or were also ethnic joke books. Comedians often tell ethnic jokes. 

No, about your tattoos. Filipinos both male and female are seen with multiple tattoos.

Your behavior and attitude will have more of a bearing than tattoos.

The Filipinos who are fluent or semi fluent in English will want to engage you in opinion about sports. 

I am very opinionated but I keep my opinion to myself around Filipinos. I find that we get along much better this way. (hint) 

Edited by Gratefuled
adding another comment
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

What I do know as an American is that Americans like to give derogatory names to minorities.  I'll mention some of them throughout history and you might guess what the racial slur is.

There's the Irish, Italians, Spanish, Jews, Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos, Middle Easterners, African-Americans. I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that I remember. 

Historically racism in America was endemic. Not so today.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Historically racism in America was endemic. Not so today.

Can you give example or examples for your answer?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic