Are Filipinos Racists?

Capa
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2018 at 6:28 PM, JDDavao said:

"Hey, Joe", the song, was written in the fifties but I can't recall who wrote it.

Wasn't it Jimi Hendrix?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Capa said:

Wasn't it Jimi Hendrix?

I thought it was written in the 50s but I misremembered. Wikipedia says the song was first registered for copyright in 1962 by a Billy Roberts and that the authorship is actually murky. 

Edited by JDDavao

• 2 months later...
Seth
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, JDDavao said:

I thought it was written in the 50s but I misremembered. Wikipedia says the song was first registered for copyright in 1962 by a Billy Roberts and that the authorship is actually murky. 

Ahhh I also think it is Jimi Hendrix. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone so it is not to be trusted. Someone on a racist agenda doesn't want to give credit to Jimi Hendrix.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Seth said:

Ahhh I also think it is Jimi Hendrix. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone so it is not to be trusted. Someone on a racist agenda doesn't want to give credit to Jimi Hendrix.

Yes, that must be it. Same with All Along The Watchtower. No way Dylan wrote that! 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Seth said:

Referee.jpg Referee where are you :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dylan wrote All Along The Watchtower in 1967 I have that LP. Jimmy was a big fan of Dylan and his cover was on Electric Ladyland the following year.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

As the original post asks, Are Filipinos racist, of course they are, my wife often calls me a White pri==, when I upset her. Now if that's not racist what is, I've got a beard and I'm weathered by the sun, I look nothing like a pri==. I hope that answers your question. :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Many are not. Some are mildly. Some are rabidly. You could never change the mind of the rabidly racist so just avoid and ignore them because it's their problem and not yours. Besides, I think Chinese catch more ire than Europeans.

Mick
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try to make this quick, I have a very good friend for more than 18 years from Pakistan we worked together all over the world, he calls himself a Paki, as its an abbreviation of Pakistan, now you have to say Pak, or you are classed racist, I was in a bar in Schipol Airport on my way back from leave, 6am in the morning talking to some guys, about this, and an American woman asked to join us, of course we agreed, as she was drop dead gorgeous, hearing half the conversation and I mentioned Paki again, she throw her glass of wine in my face and as she walked away shouted back...... you Brits are all racist..... Mmmmmm so Paki is Racist, as an abbreviation but Brit is not..... Worlds gone mad sorry to say. 

Edited by Mick
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Mick said:

Try to make this quick, I have a very good friend for more than 18 years from Pakistan we worked together all over the world, he calls himself a Paki, as its an abbreviation of Pakistan, now you have to say Pak, or you are classed racist, I was in a bar in Schipol Airport on my way back from leave, 6am in the morning talking to some guys, about this, and an American woman asked to join us, of course we agreed, as she was drop dead gorgeous, hearing half the conversation and I mentioned Paki again, she throw her glass of wine in my face and as she walked away shouted back...... you Brits are all racist..... Mmmmmm so Paki is Racist, as an abbreviation but Brit is not..... Worlds gone mad sorry to say. 

It goes back to the same old point, it's not what you say but how it's said.  I would say that the majority of the time I've heard the "Paki" word it's been in a derogatory way (close to 100% t.b.h.) but I've been called a Jock plenty of times without offence intended or taken.  It's interesting to note we have Jocks, Paddys/Micks and Taffys in the UK but nothing to describe people from England, the country which makes up maybe 75% of the UK population.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic