ECC Confusion

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2017 at 12:55 PM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, but only certain offices can do the 13A and send it to Manila.  We called 2 in Angeles and back then they said they could not do it.  And they were not listed as being able to do it on the BI website.

The list on the web has been updated to show 13A being processed at Marquee Mall BI.  I wish I could have saved my trips to Manila!

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2017_Jul/2017Jun22_DirectoryOfTransaction.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2017 at 12:29 PM, OnMyWay said:

The list on the web has been updated to show 13A being processed at Marquee Mall BI.  I wish I could have saved my trips to Manila!

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2017_Jul/2017Jun22_DirectoryOfTransaction.pdf

Yes, I try to avoid Manila at all costs.  Last time I was there was to get NBI clearance for my 13a.  I'd rather fly out of Clark, but airfare is much cheaper from NAIA.  I'll just take 2am provincial bus from Cabanatuan to Pasay and a taxi to NAIA.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2017 at 11:02 PM, OnMyWay said:

Have fun with the fees!

Did they have a hood over their shed and a shotgun?

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Looks like I have to go to Main BI office in Intramuros to get my ECC-B.  I contacted NAIA BI Office and asked them if I could obtain ECC-B at airport terminal.  They were quite clear that I'm required to get ECC-B at Main BI.  I heard rumors they no longer have Express Lanes,  but since I have to use a cane, hoping it'll speed things up.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just renewed my visa today in Calipan Bureau of Immigtation. They have a 6ft poster at reception stating once you have been in the Philippines for over one year you must apply for your EEC at least 72hrs before departure. Everything's as clear as mud here. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• I'm Confused 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ITGeek said:

Looks like I have to go to Main BI office in Intramuros to get my ECC-B.  I contacted NAIA BI Office and asked them if I could obtain ECC-B at airport terminal.  They were quite clear that I'm required to get ECC-B at Main BI.  I heard rumors they no longer have Express Lanes,  but since I have to use a cane, hoping it'll speed things up.

I would double and triple check that before going to Intramuros to get the ECC-B.  Hopefully some members have a recent experience to share.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Reading the linked document it shows that people on Mindanao can get their ECC A and B in Davao. Nice to read.

And in the Bonifacio Global City in the SM Aura it seems to have also a BI satellite office giving out ECC A & B also.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

From all the reading and posters associated with this has anyone ever shown the BI them, from my experience they still do what they want.

ItGeek, just take the missus with you and let her do the talking, mine did for an extension of visa and within half an hour it was approved and a chair was provided for me while I waited, 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

has anyone ever shown the BI them, from my experience they still do what they want.

I used to do silly things like that at the BI in Mandaue years ago.  Sometimes it works but most often their standard response was:  Yes we used to do that but just this week we got an internal memorandum to do it this other way. 

Try it some time and see if you still get that response.  Of course if you ask to see the "internal memorandum" you cannot because it is "internal".  Just my personal experience.  Everyone gets a different experience at BI.  Its called power tripping where I come from.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, ITGeek said:

13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I would double and triple check that before going to Intramuros to get the ECC-B.  Hopefully some members have a recent experience to share.

10 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Reading the linked document it shows that people on Mindanao can get their ECC A and B in Davao. Nice to read.

And in the Bonifacio Global City in the SM Aura it seems to have also a BI satellite office giving out ECC A & B also.

I'm a bit concerned about this and it might have a huge impact on 13A visa holders, who are required to get ECC-B.

ITgeek reports that NAIA BI is saying you can't get ECC-B at the airport.  Is this just NAIA or all airports?  I got mine at Clark in May.

I reviewed the Directory of Transactions and there are 7 offices on it that say they do ECC-B and I suppose Intramuros does it.  I reviewed the list last spring and there were no offices listed as doing ECC-B at that time, insinuating that all ECC-B are done at the airport.

If ECC-B has to be done at an office, that can be a hardship for 13A visa holders if they don't have a qualified ECC-B office nearby.  Looking at the list, I would have to go to Manila to get an ECC-B if I can't get it at an airport.  I never would have got a 13A if I knew that.