Austrailian Dollars

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Scott H, like one post said, transfer money to an account over in Aussie, We use Worldremit, very reliable, not too bad on exchange rate, money in account same day, can be done electronically.

Needs to be set up, just go to their website on line and fill in the form, pretty simple but a pain in the rear end. All this terrorist transfer of money has got everyone jittery, so that is why all the questions, but if you decide to go with them, do it soon as you will need BSB number ( Branch identification ) and bank account number of a person that has an account in Australia. If I can, I'd suggest your niece's account but be aware that your bank card has a limit on it and Worldremit has a limit of $5000, transfer per day. 

Important talk to your branch manager before leaving PI and tell him you might be electronically transferring money to Aussie and he will flag it on your account, if you don't they will block the transfer of money.

Sounds a bit complicated but it isn't and once your account is set up you can transfer money all over the world even from American home account to your PI account electronically. 

Hope this helps

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

8 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Where are you going to go in Oz?

Sydney, nieces wedding, staying 3 weeks in the Parramatta district

Ahh, I am excited, it just worked for me, must have been the excellent tuition.

My old stamping ground Scott, lived Dundas as a child, Parramatta to Wentyworthville in older years.  I have not been back there for sometime, so cannot give you any heads up there where to find Money Changers, but they will be there for sure.  Whether they speak English is a different issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps this topic will bring back Big Jim?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Scott, perhaps the suggestion that you get some AUD here is not such a bad idea.  I always get money sent over from Oz in AUD and then change it at the local market which is usually on about .5 under the advertised rate.  Doubt you would do any better in Oz.  Worth a thought?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

get some AUD

tomorrow I am going to check with my normal exchange shop and see if I can buy some AUD here, will report back 

• Like 1

Castaway
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2017 at 5:39 AM, scott h said:

Advise please?

Re-consider your spelling :mocking:

Austrailian Australian Dollars

• Sad 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Scot H, me of the underclass do not generally comment on misspelling, I generally leave the nit picking up to the learned few that go out of their way to try and belittle anyone that is not as smart as themselves with a typing error. My suggestion to them, is put a teaspoon full of cement powder in their coffey of a morning and start hardening up. By the amount of responses you received, I think the forum knew what you were after.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, mogo51 said:

My old stamping ground Scott, lived Dundas as a child, Parramatta to Wentyworthville in older years.  I have not been back there for sometime, so cannot give you any heads up there where to find Money Changers

All big shopping centers have one or two money changers. Westfield is one in Parramatta. Seems to be a few in Church street and I assume a family member from that area will know where Church street is. https://www.google.com.ph/search?rlz=1C1_____enAU455AU455&q=Parramatta money changers&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH1O37n_LWAhWBKZQKHbjWBTcQvS4IaDAC&biw=1920&bih=949&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=-33817524,151002702,130&tbm=lcl&rldimm=1645931997285144423&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2#rlfi=hd:;si:2784838802998782850;mv:!1m3!1d111050.27702140975!2d151.04625416804197!3d-33.814025479100245!3m2!1i955!2i804!4f13.1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Westfield is one in Parramatta

Outstanding, thanks jolly

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Castaway said:

Re-consider your spelling :mocking:

Austrailian Australian Dollars

We all have typos and I am no different but phonetically? I love this site for the input by the members and the acceptance of opinions  and input, Sorry Castaway but correcting a mis spelling or a misteak in spelling is petty to say the least.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 4