Reliable philippine charities?

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

The sad thing is that in two of the cases children have to suffer because there are no reliable charity around. And in a different case one young child died due of lack of funds and assistance even from the goverment.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Bruce seems not to be active here or did not saw my PM because there was no response from him till today.

Well from my understanding he will be in transit from the US to Samar so maybe a connection problem. 

But from your posts it is getting ridiculous as to what do you want us to do? There are many unfortunate situations in the Philippines so either suck it up or do it yourself is all I can say. :ok: 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

The sad thing is that in two of the cases children have to suffer because there are no reliable charity around. And in a different case one young child died due of lack of funds and assistance even from the goverment.

You are repeating similar unfortunate situations. What exactly do you want?

I suggested you choose to help in whatever way you’re able or willing. Otherwise it sounds like you’re soliciting “donations” from members here just what is your goal?

Edited by Old55

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Old55 said:

You are repeating similar unfortunate situations. What exactly do you want?

I suggested you choose to help in whatever way you’re able or willing. Otherwise it sounds like you’re soliciting “donations” from members here just what is your goal?

I want only some websites or contacts to reliable charities on the Philippines. Google did not helped much. Better is personal experiences if available. As mentioned in a posting above till now no charity on the Philippines did responded at all. And I'm still searching further. Some charities are specialized on one area like education or water and so on and that makes it somewhat more difficult to find the right one.

2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well from my understanding he will be in transit from the US to Samar so maybe a connection problem. 

But from your posts it is getting ridiculous as to what do you want us to do? There are many unfortunate situations in the Philippines so either suck it up or do it yourself is all I can say. :ok: 

Thank you for that info I did not know. I would like to wait for his responds. Probably it would be better for me to build my own charity. I do a lot of charity on the Philippines like sending kids to school, donating a toilet house, some solar panels with batteries and light sources and much more. But because of the huge lowering of my income I can no longer help with the remaining cases. That is why I'm looking for a reliable charitiy to take over. Important is the kindergarten. Everything else can be stepped back a bit.

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

OK, thank you for the explanation.

• 5 years later...
ootisone
Posted
Posted

I was in a Rotary club a couple years ago, and after Yolanda we built an elementary school for a poor barangay.  By that I mean one of our members got in touch with a US charity and they donated the money, so we could hire workers.  I have a friend whose charity does cleft lip surgeries, and his money either comes from his own pocket, or from the US.  Big projects tend to happen faster with foreign money.

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 11/3/2017 at 3:26 PM, Dr. Shiva said:

Similar to me. In Europe they respond most time but won't help at all. On the Philippine they don't respond at all or their communication tools are broken or stuffed with malware. So many charities and none helps. How terrible is that? :571c66d400c8c_1(103): Should I make my own charity organization?

Doc, if you start your own organization and stay involve in it, I would consider assisting/donating on a regular basis.  But in no way would I donate to any of the current "charitable" organizations as they are all in it to personally profit, and what, if any, is left over go to the next person in line (and rarely is that the person in need - my opinion of course).  It seems there's so many expats who would be happy to assist, but very few trust the local groups to actually use the money correctly.  But if someone like you had an organization to front and organize the effort, I feel many of us would join in to solve the issues.  Lord know these folks desperately need the assistance. So please consider your suggestion.  Another consideration is to reach out to the TV/Online stations who gain significant publicity helping people in need, then make 30 to 60 minute TV/Online segments to play on their stations with one of their star reporters getting the facetime.  They've helped a few, but I'm not sure how many.  Last, but definitely not least, is Raffy Tufflo's organization and online production.  Raffy is a great person and has a heart for the people, especially the poor.   If for some reason he couldn't help, he knows everybody, everywhere in the P.I. and could quite possibly help with some direction to the appropriate person or place.  Give it some thought my friend and God Bless You for having a Heart to help those in need.

John

• Like 1

BLM
Posted
Posted

I've helped out in different areas, whether a feed for a poor group or providing school supplies for an elementary school. It's usually a one time thing because if you make it known you are going to provide something, thousands of people will show up. Just like back in the states, there are groups who follow the charities to get as much as they can and count on the next handout. I can always find a good cause to provide for, but the support has to be direct, not through an agency. I know of a couple agencies that are good, but most are making a living from it.  Those that come to the door asking for donations usually have some questionable agency they say they collect for.

longway
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2023 at 8:18 AM, BLM said:

Just like back in the states, there are groups who follow the charities to get as much as they can and count on the next handout.

A Rant: I gave one time by check to a request 35 + years ago in the U.S. . Now I get an annual full color, multipage, mailing, requesting me to give them more money. I never gave again after the first donation. They have spent more on postage following me to nummerous addresses around the country over all those years than my contribution was. Now I am very reluctant to donate to anyone except anonmously. Computer memories are long and all automated with soliciting. I will drop cash in Savation Army bins and into church offering plates but that is it. My position is : I pay taxes and the government doles out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry for me. They never ask me if I approve of the receivers. LOL.

• Like 2