Question concerning Direct Deposit

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Rich LeMin said:

Can anyone tell me what I should do since I have no Bank Account  for my Soc Sec Check to be deposited into?

I have to ask, does your country still have checks from goverment agencies?

roddavis
Posted
Posted

From the USA, yes but not recommended. Does take longer to mail. For the US, extra 3-5 days. Mail to Philippines 2 wks- never receive.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Firstly, welcome to the forum.  You need to provide some additional information so  the members can offer proper advice.

How long have you been there, by the tone of your message, not long it seems.  Do you still have your US bank account?  if so, is your monthly pension cheque  going into that account. If so, do you hve an ATM card, if so, why not use it for funds, if you are not doing so?

Getting a bank account here is now much harder than in the past.  They need to see that you are living here and not 'just a tourist'.  This  can be done if you  have a lease for a property for 12 months or more, as I assume you do not have an 'alien' card?

Without being critical, you should have done some 'due diligence' before coming to Philippines.  Maybe you can get some assistance from the US Embassy, but from what my fellow members tell me that may be unlikely =- their care factor seems quite low.  Good luck.

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Hi there just my added 2 cents worth of advise  i use direct deposit into my checking account for my SS check and my bank does not charge me which is great and now here is something interesting my bank told me to use my ATM card to get my money out there reason was I was the one taking the money out of my account , I was told when you start having your money moved around from one place to another you are asking for trouble just a matter of time before something goes wrong, and you are at there mercy before it is cleared for you to use , I had my whole    SS check taken out of my account by a 3 rd bank in the mix to the bank transfer to me in Thailand I was very lucky as my bank caught it and stopped the withdraw , from that time I use my ATM that way I control my money and not some other bank

like I said just my 2 cents 

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I have my SS check direct deposited into my Bank of American bank account, then every few months I deposit a paper check into my BDO Philippines bank account. BDO charges me $5 a check and holds my money for 28 days but this is the cheapest easiest way unless you want you SS check direct deposited into a Philippines bank.