Norton security warning

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys

I have received an email from Norton warning me about a vulnerability called Krack ,if you use Wi-Fi you could be vulnerable ,it reccomends only using web sites with Https as part of their addy, the new threat is called Krack 

Hope this helps ,it came directly from Norton 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Good ol' Norton

Norton.jpg

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

it reccomends only using web sites with Https

Yes so true in the fact that google now penalises sites that are not https. But at the same time software like Norton and many others try to be an authority and by doing so so are fishing for new sign ups which means money.  Yes I came down in the last shower. 

Jake
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Hi guys

I have received an email from Norton warning me about a vulnerability called Krack ,if you use Wi-Fi you could be vulnerable ,it reccomends only using web sites with Https as part of their addy, the new threat is called Krack 

Hope this helps ,it came directly from Norton 

Thank you for the heads up.  Already changed my WiFi password.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

A good friend of mine was looking for some decent protection for his internet and was recommended to use Norton. I explained thst on a geek site they mentioned that the big players like Norton tend to be targetted by hackers as it's used on many computers and as such was likely to be the most common software they came up against. 

Sure enough he bought a Norton package and within a few weeks his computer got infected 

Edited by Snowy79

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had Norton in the UK and it would stop getting onto sites I had visited many times so I chucked it.