Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday Sun

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Good luck guys, hope it all gets sorted.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I heard that Buglasan Festival was extended because of all the bad weather.  They were setting up disco amps on the boulevard this afternoon so Dumaguete folk may want to go check that out tonight if you like loud music, crowds, and cheap souvenirs.  Yep I gotta go.  SWMBO has told me.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well dont put the umbrellas a way yet. 

New storm brewing after 'Paolo' exit

MANILA - A low pressure area outside the Philippines is set to intensify into a tropical cyclone, just after super typhoon "Paolo" dampened much of the country, state weather bureau PAGASA said Sunday.
Floods triggered by Paolo last week forced Negros Oriental province to declare a state of calamity. Nine people meanwhile died in Zamboanga City amid inclement weather.
Paolo left the Philippine area of responsibility at 1 a.m. and headed for Japan, PAGASA meteorologist Gener Quitlong told DZMM.
PAGASA is now monitoring an "active" LPA that is approaching the country from the Pacific Ocean, Quitlong said.
"'Pag active, malapit na pong maging bagyo ito," he said.
PAGASA models, he said, show that the LPA will follow the same track as Paolo and was unlikely to make landfall.
The brewing storm has yet to affect the country.
In the meantime, Quitlong said an intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) or band of clouds will bring light to moderate and occasionally heavy rains over Bicol Region, Eastern Visayas and Palawan

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/22/17/new-storm-brewing-after-paolo-exit

• Sad 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard that Buglasan Festival was extended because of all the bad weather.  They were setting up disco amps on the boulevard this afternoon so Dumaguete folk may want to go check that out tonight if you like loud music, crowds, and cheap souvenirs.  Yep I gotta go.  SWMBO has told me.  

I was there tonight and there was a great crowd there and it was lots of fun. But yes a vendor told me that it seemed like things were gonna be extended.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, davewe said:

But yes a vendor told me that it seemed like things were gonna be extended.

Extended to the 27th :thumbsup:

:

BUGLASAN EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY, OCT 27

Acting Governor Mark Macias approved the extension of concessionaires’ operations until Friday, October 27. This is to cover up loses of sales due to bad weather conditions during the Buglasan Festival week. 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, davewe said:

there was a great crowd there

I may be crazy enough to go out in the midday sun for a walk, but I am not filipino enough to enjoy crowds for the sake of crowds.  So many times last night it seems "she" would lead me into the thick of the biggest crowd, just to elbow our way through to the other side, and all that we could see was the other side of the crowd, so we turned around and elbowed our way through it again.

Every disco set-up sounds the same.  Every vendor sells the same food or crap souvenirs.  And yet the locals love it and the foreigners are out in droves trying to see what the thrill is.  I'll let you in on a secret, after many years of looking I still have not seen what the thrill is but I still go to look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

but I still go to look.

My girls went last night but it is just not for me and I bet they want to go again tonight :89: No entrance fee so say no more EH?:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My girls went last night but it is just not for me and I bet they want to go again tonight :89: No entrance fee so say no more EH?:smile:

I have been to enough of these festivals to know they really are crap I will not get shoved around just to see or hear things I can see and hear everyday of the week.I am sure it is good for the locals but I cannot get the motivation they have.No I am not a party pooper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I went out last night and had a good time. I shot video which was my "rationale" for going - you know capturing the event for the good of the world. I spent a few pesos at the vendors and actually found some stuff I really liked. Of course I was functioning as a bachelor last night (wife in Cebu) so that might have had something to do with my attitude lol. She's back today and when I mention barbecue I'm  guessing she will want us to go.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, davewe said:

She's back today and when I mention barbecue I'm  guess she will want us to go.

Dave, that will put a whole new meaning on the phrase good time you will be pulled and pushed in all Directions. Frightened she may lose you in the crowd is an experience I like Kev (Sonjack) can do without.

Each to our Own I know But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2