USNS Ship Fall River and Millinocket In Subic, and the Russians Too

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I posted about the Fall River last year and now it is here again, along with it's sister ship the Millinocket.

20171022_150726 (2).jpg 20171022_150737 (2).jpg

I was not around town much today but I did see a few U.S. Marines walking around.

Russian ships apparently were also here but I don't know where they docked.  A friend on FB commented that it might get interesting at the bars if U.S. Marines and Russian Navy get shore leave at the same time!

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2017/10/20/russian-ships-visit-deliver-military-arms-philippines-570439

Yesterday morning there was a convoy of military vehicles headed into the Freeport, but only 3 or 4 led by a SBFZ police truck with it's lights flashing.  That was about 0900 and I don't know where they went.  They had some markings but I didn't see what they were.  Then yesterday afternoon about 1600 another convoy of heavy trucks were headed out of the freeport.  I got caught up with them and got a good look.  They had no markings and I could not see the drivers.  There were probably 8-10 of them and they looked a lot like this Russian 6 X 6:

22712593_1081417581960886_1818514076399093169_o.jpg

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah I believe it is a show of force over the NK threat to the area, much the same as Manila harbour was one of the R&R ports back in the 70's when at any one time there was a hundred odd ships from all nationalities docked their. You've yet to see the Pommy aircraft carriers that are lurking around out there, as well as other nationalities that have sent their warships as a show of strength. Some of them are massive and sometimes they have open days, worth keeping an ear out to see if they do. The " Little fat man" should come across and see what his up against before he tests another rocket or :Zap: he's buggered. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

tests another rocket or :Zap: he's buggered. 

Let's all hope it does not get to that, but there is not much to work with in Nth Korea!!!!!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yeah I believe it is a show of force over the NK threat to the area

Sure, but who are the Russians showing the force to?  I read that they were supporting this NK regime. 

Russia views North Korea as important ally due to it sharing a land border which acted as a vital route for things including fuel supply. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sure, but who are the Russians showing the force to?  I read that they were supporting this NK regime. 

I agree Dave, but it makes you wonder why two adversaries are in the same country doing a ( Goodwill visit ). A lot of ink has been printed and some still drying before a new twist in the drama unfolds, Australia has now been asked to become negotiators between NK and USA after NK sent Australia an official letter. Russia & China don't want Capitalism sitting across their borders if NK regime collapses, that is why they have backed NK as far as they have, but when it is said and done, neither side want's to take on the world only NK. 

Six weeks is a long time since that article was written, too todays war of words. A lot has happened, NK test site under the mountain has collapsed and no activity in trying to build a new tunnel, is NK ready or not? read what you like into that phase.

Don't forget the PI was trying to kick the USA out of the PI's not so long ago, but when Marawi kicked off, it wasn't long before they were called on for assistance, another headline grabber. The top blokes running these countries aren't mugs, what ever sounds good at the time, Journalists print it.

Summing up: All the countries above still have healthy trade going on between them and today's flavor of words in the print, NK will collapse within twelve months under the weight of sanctions imposed on them by the world, China and Russia included in them sanctions.

So, drink up boy's, put the slingshots away and have love in your heart once more. 

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It's OK Lads and Lasses, the Brits are around:hystery:

illoustrious 1.jpg   illoustrious 2.jpg

• Thanks 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It's OK Lads and Lasses, the Brits are around:hystery:

illoustrious 1.jpg   illoustrious 2.jpg

Sadly that's almost the whole British Navy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly that's almost the whole British Navy. 

Certainly the Only Aircraft carrier we have in service just now :huh:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Their the ones I was talking about, brand new, I hope they don't scratch the paintwork.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Certainly the Only Aircraft carrier we have in service just now :huh:

It might be afloat but it's still not fully functioning. Due to our experts in the MOD there's still a lot of technical issues to sort out. Having experience of the MOD I'd give it a few years. The MOD is currently in the process of selling off our last Amphibious Assault Ship. Not bad for an island nation. :thumbsup: