Noise pollution

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well its party time in the house in Marikina ,a video karaoke machine has been hired and there is singing , well sort of singing i must add.

Emma did tell me that there is a  noise curfew for the area and it has to be taken inside the house at 10pm so the noise would not effect the neighbors ,  if its reported then the police will come around.

When reading what others have said about noise in there neighborhoods going on all night long i was surprised when Emma told me this, now i wonder if its policed properly or its just another law that is put out there but never obeyed.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

now i wonder if its policed properly

It is policed selectively.  If the right person complains then the police show up.  If its not someone important complaining they do not bother.  Then there are some cops who shut down the karaoke when the owner doesn't donate to their benevolent fund, or so I heard when I was at one local karaoke bar and the cops showed up to shut them down right at 10 PM.  Too bad really, is things were just getting started.  And it depends on the area and if the next day is a workday and if they have a permit to run late.  If you have the right connections and its not a workday in the morning then you can get a special permit to run the karaoke into the middle of the night.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

To tell the truth Dave , the talking seems to be louder then the singing plus the men just squeal or shout, but the nieces are very god singers, just waiting for Emma to do her turn, :popcorn:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

the talking seems to be louder then the singing plus the men just squeal or shout, but the nieces are very god singers, just waiting for Emma to do her turn, 

Ah! The learning curve :smile: but my friend it will never get better :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ah! The learning curve :smile: but my friend it will never get better :whistling:

I have learnt more these last few days and i seem to know now what i am not wanting.

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

i seem to know now what i am not wanting

I am tempted to send some links to some parties I have had where we rented a Videoke machine and some expats tried to sing. Its not just filipinas who like to tie up the mic.  Ah what the heck.  Here is some "expat" noise pollution for your listening pleasure :crack-up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am tempted to send some links to some parties I have had where we rented a Videoke machine and some expats tried to sing. Its not just filipinas who like to tie up the mic.  Ah what the heck.  Here is some "expat" noise pollution for your listening pleasure :crack-up:

That was tough Dave,,:smile:  I'm not used to seeing so many expats together in one place at a party.  I notice that some have a grande or large liquor bottle just to themselves--is that a common thing?  At most Filipino parties we all know that one bottle is shared until it's finished. A budget factor I guess.:mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I notice that some have a grande or large liquor bottle just to themselves--is that a common thing?

When buying at the local stores ya takes what ya gets.  Many do not stock the smaller bottles as there is no call for them.  Or they stock them but run out quickly when a bunch of expats show up.  The Grande is just 3 small bottles so the only real problem with it is that it gets warm before fully consumed.

5 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I'm not used to seeing so many expats together in one place at a party

Those were just the social ones.  There were at least that many more outside camera range.  In Cebu there are loads of expats who like to party.  Its one reason I moved away from there.  Getting too old for that sh*t. :7500:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Eldon Cordrey
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2017 at 5:54 PM, stevewool said:

Well its party time in the house in Marikina ,a video karaoke machine has been hired and there is singing , well sort of singing i must add.

Emma did tell me that there is a  noise curfew for the area and it has to be taken inside the house at 10pm so the noise would not effect the neighbors ,  if its reported then the police will come around.

When reading what others have said about noise in there neighborhoods going on all night long i was surprised when Emma told me this, now i wonder if its policed properly or its just another law that is put out there but never obeyed.

Yeah Philippines is getting pretty strict.  No smoking in public and they are adding a sugar sweetened beverage tax. 

• 8 months later...