Whale Shark Tour 2nd Person

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2017 at 5:06 PM, MikeB said:

I lived not far north of Oslob for years, drove by it many times, but never would support it because they charge foreigners about double what everyone else pays, or at least they used to. I won't stand for that no matter how wonderful it is.

Also, to get the animals to approach the boats they feed them every morning or else they would move on and that would be the end of it. Some experts say that feeding these animals like this is harmful because it changes behavior and makes them dependent. Researchers are divided as to whether it's harmful, the ones making money on it tend to say it's harmless. Either way I wouldn't support it but I've heard many people rave about it. It's turned a sleepy little coastal town into quite a bonanza for some of the locals. 

I went to Oslob in 2102 and they wanted double for me against my wife who is a local.I have heard that now it is the same price for everyone.I never did the tour but I have done the dolphin watching in Bias city here in Negros which in my opinion is much more friendly as they don`t entice the animals to stay around.There are plenty of places here that you can swim with wildlife in a near natural state.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Six if us did this last year.  We did not use any tour service, just showed up early and bought the tickets.  There is no "abuse" of the whale sharks, although they do feed them during the tours so you can definitely say that they are being "conditioned" to show up each morning for a breakfast of shrimp or krill.  You will be required to attend a short orientation about the rules for interacting with the fish.  Basically you are told to that you cannot touch or in any way impede the whale sharks.  Also you need to shower if you are wearing any sun screen.  We have a camera that can take underwater pictures and one of the support staff that swims with each boat used the camera to take photos for us.  Worth the money in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My wife went a few weeks ago with some friends. Here is the video she took.