Wheelchair users in Philippines

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

I have a friend in a wheelchair. I know that the Philippines are not a good example of accessibility for wheelchair users. But are there cities around with some advancement in accessibility for wheelchair users? One good thing in this country is that the people are very helpful at assisting to cross obstacles like stairs to malls.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not so much that I ever saw.

Some of the larger malls have ramps for the first foor. The lavatories haven’t any accommodation that I’ve noted.

International hotels feature better access.

What has your friend found there?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

cities

I live in metro manila. Some side walks have wheel chair ramps, but as often or not there is a car parked there or a vendor of some sorts. Makati is better set up, mainly I believe because the infrastructure is newer and the money that lives there. So bottom line is that it is not a friendly wheel chair environment even in large cities 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Scott H, I've noticed there isn't much infrastructure to accommodate wheelchair users, but I have also seen young people go to the aid of wheelchair bound people willingly. It's in their nature, now and again you see the odd person ignor, out in the barangays, no problems.  

• Like 1