A reminder to know the law or risks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Rooster said:

Armchair Know it all Lawyers. No facts or sources to back up their know it all claims. 

So you think you are the expert? 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No, not because he was a celebrity. Its because he changed his religion to muslim to save his ass. 

https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2013/11/22/1259602/now-muslim-freddie-aguilar-marries-16-year-old

ohh yes.. youre so right.. now youve freshened my memory to the whole fiasco.. thanks.. freddy got religion hahahahaha of sorts

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So you think you are the expert? 

No, however I do my best to provide a Philippine law or legal/lawful source for others to read for such an important topic which could land an Expat/Foreigner in prison versus some who argue this topic/law based on their opinion.  (arm chair lawyer)

The law as it reads and the many examples if one googles it could not be clearer but some seek to rewrite it on here via their own opinion.

One gentleman had a lengthy explanation on the 10 year rule. You even "liked" his post,  but when asked that he provide his source until now no answer.

Do you agree we should ask for a source when another is writing information or misinformation on here that if followed could have someone violate a law and end up in prison?   

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Do you agree we should ask for a source when another is writing information or misinformation on here that if followed could have someone violate a law and end up in prison?   

No, a source should only be posted if from a reliable source such as "credible" news agency or government. The source {news agency etc} should be named and include a like to the source article.

25 minutes ago, Rooster said:

No, however I do my best to provide a Philippine law or legal/lawful source for others to read for such an important topic which could land an Expat/Foreigner in prison versus some who argue this topic based on their opinion.  

One gentleman had a lengthy explanation on the 10 year rule but when asked that he provide his source until now no answer.

he source should include the source name and a link to the article.

• Like 1