Canned Cranberry Sauce?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I don't know if they sell it in the UK or elsewhere but you Americans know what I'm talking about: that gelatinous red glop that *sweeecks* out of the can to sit quivering on the plate, ready for slicing into rounds.

I have a Manila connection. Does anyone know where I can point her to get me some?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I don't know if they sell it in the UK or elsewhere but you Americans know what I'm talking about: that gelatinous red glop that *sweeecks* out of the can to sit quivering on the plate, ready for slicing into rounds.

I have a Manila connection. Does anyone know where I can point her to get me some?

I'll take a look at Royal Duty Free here and let you know.  They have a lot of American products and I know they have Ocean Spray juice, so they might have the sauce.  I just found out that Royal is either owned by Rustans or has an affiliation, so you might try Rustans.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Hi JD,

I've purchased it from S&R in the past and I currently have a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce that I got months ago at Rustan's Freshmarket in Mandaue City. Both cans were the whole berry kind though. Nearer the holidays now one might have a better chance of finding a can, but it's not often seen around.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Never seen the cans here in the UK alway glass jars. Don't just look in the cans isle.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Never seen the cans here in the UK alway glass jars. Don't just look in the cans isle.

20171109_151129.jpg

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

What I do is make my own what I do is make jello out of the cranberry juice subtract 1/2 cup of the lquid to make it a litter thicker 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 11/8/2017 at 10:42 PM, JDDavao said:

Left over turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich, oh yeah -  were talking good eats. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

20171109_151129.jpg

Thanks for the photo!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, kalibojerry said:

What I do is make my own what I do is make jello out of the cranberry juice subtract 1/2 cup of the lquid to make it a litter thicker 

Hey, that's an idea! Thanks!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Left over turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich, oh yeah -  were talking good eats. :thumbsup:

If you have a balikbayan box being filled or some other shipment (visitor, etc.) coming from the US, Beaverton Foods (Beaver Brand) makes a killer cranberry "mustard". I used to buy it all of the time in Seattle and use it on sliced turkey deli meat sandwiches.

They have an online shop I've purchased from twice now. I get the horseradish and a couple of their mustards.