Broadband connection in condo

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2017 at 8:41 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Usually, the condo is delivered to the buyer as a concrete shell and its up to the buyer to outfit it as suits them.  If you wife was the buyer, and she contracted with someone to complete the interior, then you know where "they" are and you know who should have factored it in. :morning1:

Not my experience in this condo and others I have looked at. The wiring is in place when the condo building was built. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The wiring is in place when the condo building was built.

Yes.  It was in place when I got my house too, but I had to totally redo it as they just provided the minimum specs.  There was no provision for cable TV or HDMI or telephone line.  Did yours include any or all of those three when it was built?  Maybe its just the low end (cheap) ones that are built that way.  (PS to those who are wondering:  I do not live in a "condo" by the legal definition here but it is similar to "condos" in Canada that are built as row housing and each unit is sold separate.  They are built like horizontal condos rather than vertical ones.)

Just for interest, I asked the builders why they do not add more and they gave me some kind of BS about a tax for every electrical outlet they put in the place.  It may explain why so many houses are built with only a few outlets.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  It was in place when I got my house too, but I had to totally redo it as they just provided the minimum specs.  There was no provision for cable TV or HDMI or telephone line.  Did yours include any or all of those three when it was built?

Yes. When condos are built from my understanding most are wired for a particular company such as what is available in that area. This building is wired for Skycable. Another I looked at not far away has fiber optic cabling. I dont see how or why they would be adding cables/wiring to a 24 story building after or on individual needs. There would be cable guys working full time. Maybe older condos do this I dont know. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
Freebie
Posted
Posted

moved into a new condo recently.. ayala land premier.. ( good title, quality not that great ).. contacted Globe and they installed within a day or so.... P1800 a month, and worked seamlessly for past 5 months.

• Like 2