Somewhat funny approaching at car vs. public transport

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One would think so but then:

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/vehicleshipment.html  That is the link the quote came from but I also checked BSP Circular 92 and they are accurate.

Interesting, but I can't really think of a scenario where an individual would want to do that unless they were rich and wanted something unique not available here at a dealer., with a warranty.

Side note, not really about your comment.  I met a guy on Halloween who has a house a few houses a way from our last house here.  He had been remodeling it while we lived there and I asked him about the work.  He contracted it himself and I think it took a long time, like 18 months, but it is beautiful now.  He mentioned that his father-in-law was the architect so I stopped by today to get the phone number.  He had a brand new Mercedes SUV parked in the garage and I said to him that those sure are going to go up with the new excise tax.  He said yes and offered up the information that he ordered it last July and just got it, with the thought to avoid additional upcoming excise increases.  He said he paid 5.7 mil for it and after the new tax goes in, it will be 8 mil.  I'm not sure if he is right but that is a lot more money than I will ever pay for a vehicle!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I can't really think of a scenario where an individual would want to do that

I have an overactive imagination :whistling:  but I cannot think of such a scenario either.  I just tend to put trivia like that in the back of my head and you never know when it will come in handy.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

He said he paid 5.7 mil for it and after the new tax goes in, it will be 8 mil.  I'm not sure if he is right but that is a lot more money than I will ever pay for a vehicle!

The increasement sounds quite valid. Here is a list about the taxes but there seems that there is already a revision for 2018 with even higher taxes. (2019 tax increasement seems not to be changed.)

I guess that the excise tax increase will also affect indirectly the used car market by increasing their prices also. (New cars costs more therefore let us increase our prices for our used cars also.)

• Like 1