Another Salary question.

ClearSky
Posted
Posted

What do you guys think the real salary is for top professionals in the larger cities excluding Manila and Cebu. Not the business owners, but the top professionals in the top 5%.

thanks.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, ClearSky said:

real salary

That is hard to say because the "real salary" is somewhat like the "real price" of buying a house here.  There is one number that is reported for official use and another number that is actually paid.  My response would be:  Its negotiable.

• Thanks 1

ClearSky
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is hard to say because the "real salary" is somewhat like the "real price" of buying a house here.  There is one number that is reported for official use and another number that is actually paid.  My response would be:  Its negotiable.

yep,  what you say is true.      

It is my believe that there is a large difference between Manila/Cebu vs other large cities.  But I don't have any proof. 

Do you think/feel   that the top 5% is greater than 500k  per month not including Manila/Cebu,  or only >  than 100k or ???     

And I know there are always one or three that are in the .001% that are special and or negotiated really well,  I am not thinking about those ones.

Not looking to be super precise,  just a ball park...   

I am pretty sure anyone above 500k per month outside of Manila/Cebu is in it.  But is it a lot less than that ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We know four Lasic Optometrists (spelling?) a Cardiologist and a Pediatrician working in Cebu City. Each makes over 5 million peso a year. The Cardiologist well over 5m. We have family and several friends who work for their family businesses that bring home well over 5 million also. Although they are family they each are well educated and intelligent. A small percentage of Filipinos do very very well.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ClearSky said:

Do you think/feel   that the top 5% is greater than 500k  per month not including Manila/Cebu

8 hours ago, ClearSky said:

the top professionals in the top 5%.

I am not sure of examples of top professionals outside Cebu/Manila who do not actually have a stake in the business they are running.

If you mean top management then it is hard to put a number on it as I feel they are getting a piece of whatever the business makes.

If you mean middle management then I think your > 100K about sums it up, but only for the best of the best. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
snowridr
Posted
Posted

To be considered in the 1% nationally here you need a salary equivalent to 25000 USD. The average person makes about 4000 USD a year.  Oncer you get outside of the NCR and probably Cebu/Davo those numbers are probably lower by a pretty good amount.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dennis Larsson Alderete
Posted
Posted

Ladies & Gents,

I have an interview with a company in Manila as Vice President - IT.

Does anyone know what the salary span could be for such a position, I have google until my fingers started to bleed but cannot find good answers. This is the first interview with the head of HR and I'm suspecting that the salary question will come up.

This is an international firm with strong presence in SEA, I'm Swedish, living in Sweden and with previous work experience (long time ago) in Manila.

Huge thanks for any feedback!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Dennis,

I’m a mod here and request you please do two things for us.

1) edit to remove your full name. Please use only your first name or choose something else. This is for your own online safety also our forum rules indirectly.

2) Start a new topic for your question.

Once done I will gladly approve your question and welcome you here.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Labor is very very cheap in the Ph. It's not a place you go if what you want to do is make money off your own labor. There's a reason working Filipinos are always trying to find work elsewhere. Your circumstances have to be very special, in my opinion. 

• Like 2