"Frozen Shoulders" (can't sleep all night)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

According to the new Blood test, the Doctor tells me I have higher amount of Uric Acid in my blood than normal, so it looks like I may have Gout in the Shoulder:89:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeze is there no end to this.:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Queenie

I go to the gym every other day (to fight off old age)and my left shoulder really hurt as I lifted. I realised it was because I was sleeping on that arm so before bed I put on some tiger balm and Hey Presto my shoulder was good but i could not see a thing as the Tiger Balm got on my pillow and in my eyes!! A good cure in the hands of an idiot. Bit like North Korea!

Paul

By the way to the aged population of this forum, lifting weights keeps the metabolism working. i do 25 minutes intense work before work and I am cooked. Just a thought!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2017 at 3:28 PM, Jack Peterson said:

it looks like I may have Gout in the Shoulder:89:

So how do they treat that?  And is you shoulder better now?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So how do they treat that?  And is you shoulder better now?

Calcium tablets  & it has eased a lot now have to drink more Water and less Coffee.:huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Calcium tablets 

I don't envy you that one. Apart from the constipation, there is this side effect:

The results showed that men (but not women) taking 1,000 mg calcium daily as a supplement were 20 percent more likely to die from heart disease than those not taking supplements. Based on this information, it seems prudent for men not to take calcium supplements.

http://newsok.com/article/3761163

• I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The results showed that men (but not women) taking 1,000 mg calcium daily as a supplement were 20 percent more likely to die from heart disease than those not taking supplements. Based on this information, it seems prudent for men not to take calcium supplements.

Well at 20 mg a day I don't think I will worry too much :huh: "Damned if you do and Damned if you don't" comes to mind:shades: I am 70 and am alive, So!  She has been a Good Doctor over these last 6/7 years, I am sure she would not give me a Killing Agent:wink: 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Corey
Posted
Posted

Could be lots of things.  Does not really sound like Gout.  You said that you do have some difficulty lifting things.  It could be a partial (likely not complete) rotator cuff tear.  There are 4 muscles of the rotator cuff and unless you are very strict with your testing the others not torn can help you and mask the one that is injured.  Pain at night causing difficulty sleeping is a textbook symptom- not sure why, but it is a text book symptom.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Corey said:

Could be lots of things.

:89:I am no Doctor so I am guided by those that are.

Works out that the meds I take for my Hypertension ( I am a Stroke survivor of 6+ years now) actual elevate the Uric Acid in my Blood so the Doc here put me on a med to reduce the UA ( another Visit to the Diestician was useful) and just at this time all is well  But Thank you for your Reply and thoughts :thumbsup: 

Corey
Posted
Posted

Super glad to hear that you are feeling better.  

• Like 1