Shotgun Accident

MikeB
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, jimeve said:

the little switch on the side of the gun.... oh the safety switch. That might save someone's life      :571b119686cf7_1(72):

Reminds me of something I read:

"All guns have a safety. It's located between your ears."

But I wonder how many of these firearms are illegal homemade jobs out of places like Danao. Do they bother spending extra for safety switches? Wouldn't bet my life on it.

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, MikeB said:

Took me a while to find it. I tried to post a link to the post but can't see how to do that now %^*#$%. Used to be easy. Go to page 2, 6 down:

PS. I think he's right, not always but some do have to buy their own. My BIL had to buy his own uniform, that's a fact.

I saw those uniforms for sale at Ayala Mall inside the department store.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I saw those uniforms for sale at Ayala Mall inside the department store.

I guarantee he didn't buy his at Ayala Mall. Either Colon or some other deep discount joint. Filipinos know the angles, they have to. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/21/2017 at 4:13 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Who ever said that ? Just another myth?  Beats me why you would carry a shotgun and it to be unloaded. 

Would depend on how much they are offering for the ammo!!!

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 11/21/2017 at 4:13 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Who ever said that ? Just another myth?  Beats me why you would carry a shotgun and it to be unloaded. 

How many security guards do you see wearing their uniform with gun belt and holster with bullets around the belt,...and no gun?:89:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Also, have you noticed at the back of their belt, they have a little bag with a white + on it, I took it as a first aid kit and asked a guard," after you shoot someone is that to render first aid". Only got a rye smile, never did find out, anyone know. :whistling:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Clermont said:

they have a little bag with a white + on i

Isn't that the target for back shooters to aim at?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

How many security guards do you see wearing their uniform with gun belt and holster with bullets around the belt,...and no gun?:89:

I've always found it amusing to see the white gloves in the holster. "Draw and inspect for dust!"

Once, in SM Mall, I saw two female guards handling a sidearm. Walking away, I was thinking about why they would do that. Suddenly I realized that they were transferring the gun. They had one handgun between them and when one went on break they handed it over to the other.

Shades of Barney Fife with his one bullet!

Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Also, have you noticed at the back of their belt, they have a little bag with a white + on it, I took it as a first aid kit and asked a guard," after you shoot someone is that to render first aid". Only got a rye smile, never did find out, anyone know. :whistling:

It's to denote the back of the belt so that they don't put it on backward.

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, intrepid said:

We live in different parts but none have I seen without one?