Problem with Xoom

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Three months ago my Xoom account stopped working. I have had several years of successful transfers to my wife here in the PI while I was in the USA. My account would log everything but failed to process the final step. I have spent 3 hours talking to service reps in what I assume is their call center in India, but they have failed to resolve the issue despite me sending them screen shots and having two different case numbers. I have sent several emails, but no response. When this first occurred and I sent remittances through Western Union, my wife mentioned that the Xoom system was experiencing problems since the same outlet did business with both companies. Nothing has been resolved to date, despite my attempts to rectify whatever the hang up is. They do not respond. I am now here in the PI. When I return to the US, I will set up and acct to acct system with my bank since their rates are now competitive. I am very disappointed that Xoom has failed me.  Anyone else have a problem with this company now that it has grown big enough to ignore its customers like me?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never had a problem with them but have talked to people that have. It seems they have little to no customer support. When it works, it works. When it does not... you are on your own.  Not a great way to run a business if that is true. :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

Anyone else have a problem with this company

Yep.  Me and many others and its why I have not tried to use them for years.  Lots of info about it in the forum archives.  I suggest using a better company and forgetting about Xoom.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I've not had any transfer problems with them in 5 years of use. I do notice that transfers to BPI are hella slow and BDO are instant.

The only problem I've had is when they want to send me a text to doublecheck my identity. The phone number they have on file is no longer active and you cannot change your phone number online. They told me that I'd have to call them which does the deaf guy no good. Usually, when I ran into that problem, an email to them would bring a reply saying they unlocked my account to be verified via email.

Last month when this happened, I saw that they now offer an "I have no cell number" option and will verify via email.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Anyone else have a problem with this company now that it has grown big enough to ignore its customers like me?

Try worldremit. Been using them for years with no problem. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/22/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Try worldremit. Been using them for years with no problem. 

After Xoom closed my account without explaining why I switched also to Worldremit and never had any issues with them.

Probably Xoom closed my account because I did not had an US credit card. Yeah. 3 months not used Xoom after the last successful transaction just to find my account being closed.

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I've never had a problem with them and I've used them a lot. Cash pickups and bank transfers, walay problema.

That said, a backup is a good thing. Will look into worldremit as has been suggested.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

I've never had a problem with them and I've used them a lot

I have had that problem, as have many others.  Your turn will come. XOOM sucks.  (IMHO)

Reboot
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have had that problem, as have many others.  Your turn will come. XOOM sucks.  (IMHO)

All the more reason to set up with worldremit as a backup. But there are other ways coming out these days. I was at a cryptocurrency conference earlier this year. There was a Filipino entrepreneur who presented there who designed a remittance system around one of them. https://www.bloom.solutions/ 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/25/2018 at 8:57 PM, Reboot said:

All the more reason to set up with worldremit as a backup. But there are other ways coming out these days. I was at a cryptocurrency conference earlier this year. There was a Filipino entrepreneur who presented there who designed a remittance system around one of them. https://www.bloom.solutions/ 

I have used crypto currency (bitcoin) to do remittance. By the time you accounted for fee's and fx rates to/from bitcoin in your home country and the philippines you paid about the same as you would using a normal remittance company. I did this several times 2 years ago using coins.ph. There are other crypto businesses you can also use.