It's a thanksgiving day to say today

bows00
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

A small number of religious fanatics fled England for America. They started a colony but being more or less clueless nearly starved to death. The local indigenous peoples (misnamed Indians) feeling pity fed the hapless intruders and showed them how to grow and harvest local food. Later colonists aided by John Wayne and the 7TH calvery massacred the majority of the Indians for their good deed. Americans commemorate the event by gorging on a large bird with their family members then watching violent team sports on television.

So well put, I never thought of it that way.  Mind if I quote what you said during our turkey dinner tonight?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's already the next day in the Phils but we are in prime time for Thanksgiving here, a very rainy one with a tornado warning in our area. This song came out in 1967, 50 years ago this year. Where did the time go? It's a Thanksgiving tradition for a lot of people. You've probably heard it but if you have about 20 minutes, this is the original by Arlo Guthrie (Woody's kid). Happy Thanksgiving!

• Thanks 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jake said:

As you may know Queenie, I spent my HS junior and senior year in Rhode Island.  My first time ever being mesmerized by the autumn colors and the chilly nights which brought on the white stuff the following morning.  Thanks Giving in New England gave me an opportunity to learn and appreciate the history of it all and now, a bit of self reflection about the less fortunate that are still struggling for a bowl of rice today and everyday.  

For those in wet, muddy and cold foxholes......for those on deployment out in the middle of nowhere......and for those families still suffering from love ones recently killed in line of duty -- may they find peace in their hearts to share just a little smile on this special day.  

My warmest regards to you all.  Respectfully Jake

PS -- Queenie, since I'm on your list (assume it's the Christmas list).....all I want is a 65" smart TV with 4K ultra HD with 12 speaker surround system.  You might as well throw in another turkey dinner, OK?  And please, no baluts.  Love ya mucho!  

Jake 

The new era has sand in their shoes instead of mud but I wish you all Thanksgiving. For me, as a Brit, it means thank you that bullet never hit me or my mates. We can all adapt that day to be one where we are thankful to still be here.

Just a thought.

Paul a true Pom!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Now that Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone in Philippines, I would like to do an unscientific survey of those who live in Philippines and ate locally grown turkey.  If that is you, how do you feel today?  I have heard many anecdotal stories about locally raised turkeys having too much bacteria and parasites for our western bodies to take.  Anyone eat locally raised turkey yesterday?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now that Thanksgiving dinner has come and gone in Philippines, I would like to do an unscientific survey of those who live in Philippines and ate locally grown turkey.  If that is you, how do you feel today?  I have heard many anecdotal stories about locally raised turkeys having too much bacteria and parasites for our western bodies to take.  Anyone eat locally raised turkey yesterday?

Don't know what neighborhood it grew up in but the one we had was purchased at Belcris and we feel fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Trying to breed turkeys but not having much luck, they keep dying. Both females laid eggs but one died trying to hatch her eggs, the other hatched 3 chicks but they died too. 

Latest news we have eggs and the female trying to hatch but won't eat or drink she just sits on the eggs like the last one.

Wonder if Daves survey finds any problems?  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My SIL raises Turkey and has about 30+ problem is, the meat is as tough as old Boot Leather, Undercook to keep juicy not a Good Idea Healthwise, Overcook and enjoy Charcoal :hystery:

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My SIL raises Turkey and has about 30+ problem is, the meat is as tough as old Boot Leather, Undercook to keep juicy not a Good Idea Healthwise, Overcook and enjoy Charcoal :hystery:

Chickens are the same Jack, wonder if asawa's cooking to blame lol 

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

Chickens are the same Jack, wonder if asawa's cooking to blame lol 

Hope she is not reading this mate OUCH.jpg could be the Flame control of course:hystery: Cooking(Indoors).jpg

• Haha 1