Globe internet down again.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Here in Dumaguete I could not access the internet last Thursday Friday or Saturday.I went to the Globe shop on Saturday and they arranged for an engineer to come the next day.He told me that they had globe problems nationwide.I wonder how many other people in different areas than here had the same problem or was his explanation BS.It would be nice to know as I suspect his explanation was untrue.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I had noticed slower than normal speeds, didn't check it but 'felt' more like latency issues than actual speed issues as it would sit there for 30 seconds to a minute and eventually load as normal. Still was able to stream youtube - with occasional pauses for buffering.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I could not even load a page from the web.I have just been to MLuhillier and there internet connection on Globe is also very bad,maybe it is a nationwide thing.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

He told me that they had globe problems nationwide

Sounds like the Philippine way.  It's not our fault, its everyone else's fault.  Sometimes that is true but the answer flows so freely that I tend to believe it as a catchall response when they do not want to admit culpability.

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds like the Philippine way.  It's not our fault, its everyone else's fault.  Sometimes that is true but the answer flows so freely that I tend to believe it as a catchall response when they do not want to admit culpability.

I think it's a nation wide-global problem.  Yep, sounds like the Philippine way, alright.  

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have the Globe LTE broadband, just did a speedtest 9.5Mb down and 6.5Mb up (I am on the 10Mb down plan).

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have the Globe LTE broadband, just did a speedtest 9.5Mb down and 6.5Mb up (I am on the 10Mb down plan).

Same here, LTE Globe band. Around 10 Mbps down and 4.5 up 10 MB plan

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Is that DSL or wireless.

Howard
Posted
Posted

I have the globe Prepay LTE on my phone. I haven't noticed any problems with it in Metro Manila. I love the globe LTE but not the home wifi service, I had that a couple years back and I was lucky to get 1/3 MB download at 1:00 in the morning. If Sky is available in your area I highly recommend them for home wifi.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Is that DSL or wireless.

LTE is wireless, same as LTE on your phone. Come on up and have a look if you like?