How to buy airfare within the PI

boyee
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am planning a trip this spring to the PI.  Just bought my flight there with Pal and will be flying from island to island.  Which airlines are good for local flights and how do I find low prices?  Websites like travelocity seem pricy to me.  

Thanks 

Bo

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, boyee said:

Websites like travelocity seem pricy to me.  

Boots on the Ground for me, Plenty of travel agents here for domestic flights and can do promo's (Specials) as they talk to you

As you say Web sites only give a Broad sheet on prices as local dealings will give you day to day prices based on the particular route/seats availability

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, boyee said:

Hi, I am planning a trip this spring to the PI.  Just bought my flight there with Pal and will be flying from island to island.  Which airlines are good for local flights and how do I find low prices?  Websites like travelocity seem pricy to me.  

We've found, do a web check first to get a ballpark figure then go to a travel agent, we prefer malls, then ask again. Prices wont be the same as on the web as tickets sell pretty quick, have a couple of times you can fly out on and grab it quick. Our first time I mucked around and came back after lunch and it cost me 1000 Peso extra for the two tickets. Going to the airport to buy a ticket won't save you a Peso, been there done that. Cebu is the cheapest, but also not reliable for punctuality in take off times, but what the heck, you're in the PI's, no-one worries about time.

• Like 4

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, boyee said:

will be flying from island to island.

You are probably aware of the hub and spoke system here. Just in case.... not all of the major islands are directly air-linked. FYI.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, boyee said:

Which airlines are good for local flights and how do I find low prices?  Websites like travelocity seem pricy to me.  

There are really only two main domestic carriers. Philippines Airlines and Cebu Pacific. Just as easy to book from their websites.  https://www.cebupacificair.com/    https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home

But ferries are another way of getting around so you may want to look at that.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Also look at Air Juan and Swift air. Two of the smaller carriers and decent prices and interesting flight routes away from the usual big planes.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

When surfing the web clear cookies between searches as prices increase due to an algorithm that detects what youve searched for. Give it a try by searching the same site 3 times during the day without clearing or just do a search. Pick a flight but don't fill your details in. The site will time out and when you refresh prices will have increased. 

I'm not sure that is so true now, the websites look at the overall traffic to gauge the prices. More hits means more interest and higher the price goes.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I'm not sure that is so true now, the websites look at the overall traffic to gauge the prices. More hits means more interest and higher the price goes.

I booked 16 flights over the last three weeks and got different prices by clearing my browser history and cookies. I also noted inconsistencies when booking hotels that I'll save for another post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

A chinese engineer where I work was seeing prices rise even after clearing cookies and changing computers so I don't think it is consistent.

• Like 1