How to buy airfare within the PI

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Gary D said:

A chinese engineer where I work was seeing prices rise even after clearing cookies and changing computers so I don't think it is consistent.

Was he using computers linked to the same server via wifi etc? I'm saying this as when I surf using my phone connected to the apartment wifi then spark up my computer I get adverts on my computer for things I'd been browsing on my phone. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

She's a software engineer so knows a little bit about computers, also tried the phone bypassing the wifi. I think the problem is when you go direct to the reseller. Skyscanner maintain they don't use cookies to effect the price as they have no control over pricing.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

She's a software engineer so knows a little bit about computers

But it sounds very little about supply and demand & that is what airfare sales are all about. :wink:

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But ferries are another way of getting around so you may want to look at that.  

If you have the time ferries can be a very pleasent way of travelling around.

The 2Go ferries I have found on the longer routes have reasonable en-suite private cabins and if you are over 60 will give you a 20% senior citizen discount. 

Ken

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Was he using computers linked to the same server via wifi etc? I'm saying this as when I surf using my phone connected to the apartment wifi then spark up my computer I get adverts on my computer for things I'd been browsing on my phone. 

Example, google chrome you can synchronize your accounts to every device  and may be the  same with other browsers so yes they know what you're doing or what you may be searching for. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lately some US analyst have seen airline ticket prices slightly lower from a phone 📱 browser. Have no idea if that holds true for Philippines 🇵🇭 or not. Perhaps worth a try?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah, like I said do the web check first then go to the mall, only way to do it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gary D said:

A chinese engineer where I work was seeing prices rise even after clearing cookies and changing computers

But was he then signing in to his online account :hystery:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

:89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gary D said:

:89:

You look confused.  Even though you did not quote me I wonder if it is my post confusing you so let me explain.

No-one buys airfare or hotel rooms on line anonymously.  You need to have an account with the booking agency or hotel or airline to purchase.  If you don't have one at the time of purchase they will often create one for you.  If you then come back and sign into that account for the booking agency, hotel, or airline then no amount of clearing cookies or changing computers will make you anonymous and change the "deals" they are offering you.  Thus I said that your "Chinese Engineer" may be signing into his account and that may be why he is not getting the same deals as an anonymous or "new" purchaser would get.  Note the ROFL icon.  

• Like 1