Family allotment

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Capa said:

My wife's family is nothing but a bunch of parasites. Extra expenses always creep in. So I avoid them

This oldie but goodie seems to fit :hystery:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 12/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, Jack Peterson said:

This how we pay our Daughters Allowance each month 

It's been my experience that paying a larger amount each month causes large spending at the start of the month and a subsequent shortage (and complaints) at the end of the month so I prefer to pay allowances weekly... YMMV.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Older topic. 

My update... Our family in Cebu found a nice couple to help out and they were able to finance the cost themselves. 

Capa, as Dave stated some here would simply walk away from a parisitic relationship. Thankfully the majority of guys find a great gal with a good family or are wise enough to live well away from problem family members. Others are willing to provide a small amount of "support" in some way or the other. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

at the end of the month so I prefer to pay allowances weekly... YMMV.

I would agree but our Sprog is away on Cebu ( we are on Negros) and that weekly things is not an Option, at 19 she now has to learn money management, when she was at High and Senior High weekly was the thing but at Uni she has just got to get to grips :wink: 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2017 at 7:27 PM, Old55 said:

We plan to go through an agency for the caregiver. I trust my sisters to do the right thing but I like your idea Jack we could pay them from here I didn't think of that. Thanks

That's exactly what I was going to suggest.  Then the agency can worry about SS, taxes and etc.

Capa
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave for that oldie, but goodie, it might come to that. And thanks Old55, great that you guys can manage somehow, and yes, those parasites live far away from me so they are never camped out in the front lawn. And besides, the Doberman would pinch them!

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, GeoffH said:

It's been my experience that paying a larger amount each month causes large spending at the start of the month and a subsequent shortage (and complaints) at the end of the month so I prefer to pay allowances weekly... YMMV.

I do weekly for the same reason - and - on 5 week months, the monthly total is divided by 5 for the weekly payment. My monthly amount does not magically go up by 25% so neither does hers.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

My monthly amount does not magically go up by 25% so neither does hers.

It would balance out if you were paid the Australian way.  Seems they get paid every week or two regardless of the number of weeks in a month.  (Am I right Aussies?)  Thus you should be dividing the wife's annual stipend by 52 weeks and paying equal every week. 

orig

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It would balance out if you were paid the Australian way.  Seems they get paid every week or two regardless of the number of weeks in a month.  (Am I right Aussies?)  Thus you should be dividing the wife's annual stipend by 52 weeks and paying equal every week. 

That is how I always calculated weekly pays when I was working so it was just habit to calculate that way for weekly with SWMBO.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2018 at 9:28 AM, Jack Peterson said:

but at Uni she has just got to get to grips :wink: 

:whistling::SugarwareZ-034: BUT she is not there just yet, She has just cost me 1.400 +Piso on Travel & things. She has this "Association" thing to go to and they have been asked to wear what Identifies them best, So she decides to turn up out of the Blue at 10pm last night to get clothes she wanted that she could have bought there [Cebu] (Ukay Ukay) as the clothes here are, so this Morning we ask OK Honey how long are you here, OH if there is a Ferry tonight I will go back tonight but if not I will have to get the 4.30am one in the Morning  :hello: Did you not make a Return purchase, No Dad, cos I knew things would be OK Love her to Death But........................Sprog.jpg

Strange [sic] how  like her mother she can spend my Time and Money and I just sit and Think but today , I will just sit, Peter thinking.jpg

Where are they now? Yep! Shopping and I just know that there will be bags of  Ukay Ukay :89:

Ain't life grand :smile:

BTW, she is a one for buying Good Ukay Ukay stuff that fits the bill for her. :hystery: She is very Thrifty with her money and I do have to Admit, that where our money is concerned she is careful But neglects to tell us a lot of things so these little surprises are not new, Do they ever grow out of Springing them ? I have long Forgotten about her 3 Elder sisters, I guess they were the same but then, I was away a lot of the time  so I missed the probably, important years :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1