Family allotment

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Capa said:

My wife's family is nothing but a bunch of parasites. Extra expenses always creep in. So I avoid them!

Maybe it is only that the parasites  get the attention, so it puts a bad look on all. Surely there are some that do not get noticed that are not so leechie.

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It would balance out if you were paid the Australian way.  Seems they get paid every week or two regardless of the number of weeks in a month.  (Am I right Aussies?)  Thus you should be dividing the wife's annual stipend by 52 weeks and paying equal every week. 

Hahaha, it would balance out if I was making $30,000/mo also as I wouldn't care about +/-p10,000/mo...... however, I am currently set up with 'payday' being the 1st of the month.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Do they ever grow out of Springing them ?

No but give it time and she will be springing those surprises on her future husband and admit it, Dad,  you will miss these days.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Seems they get paid every week or two regardless of the number of weeks in a month.  (Am I right Aussies?)

Yes but you have your payday set such as Sunday night might be the end of the week for some and get paid on Thursday for that previous week which includes overtime or what ever you are entitled to for the week. The call center here where my GF works get paid on the 10th and 25th of the month others companies seem to have their own dates.

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if you pay on monthly basis isn't that where the 13th month pay come from?  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Just wondering if you pay on monthly basis isn't that where the 13th month pay come from?  

:89: You would need to pay 4 weekly to get 13 months ie; 13 x 4 = 52 weeks

marine6357
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: You would need to pay 4 weekly to get 13 months ie; 13 x 4 = 52 weeks

Correct so most months actually are 4.3 weeks in duration so by paying a 13th month at the end covers those missing weeks. Example I received weekly pay for 52 weeks a year hence like you said 13 monthly equivalent payments. My supervisor was paid monthly on the 1st of each month  so only 12 monthly payments. Granted his pay was greater then mine but with the overtime I collected most years I earned more then him working slightly more hours. His average working hours were about 50 hours a week. mine were 40 hours base with another 10 to 15 hours of overtime. I was once asked if I wanted to move into management and told them why would I want a pay cut for more stress.

• Like 2