Now where did I leave my white horse and cape because I need them again.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

New discovery..... the barangay secretary has been embezzling the urban poor allotment payments for 20 years !  She has not been remitting them to the bank and built herself  a big house instead..... and it was just discovered..... ?????  I asked about audits and bank oversight, but .... well we're not in Kansas obviously. So the wife wants me to cough up P 8K so the underage nieces and nephews have a place to live... to avoid foreclosure on their bamboo house... (scores of others are in the same boat) and get a waiver that gives us an interest in the allotment. I don't know all the details yet, but her and her uncle who is a councilman in same barangay are going to ILo to make the payment so the kids have  a home to sleep in. Ayee yaii yii ! The surprises never end for my poor pocketbook. Oh well, its only money... not that I have any to spare. Always get receipts for everything here and keep them because you never know when you'll need them.

• Like 5

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hi ManoftheColdLand,

That sounds quite complicated, and I can't say I've ever heard of that particular situation. sort of similar-- the secretary in our barangay, about four months ago absconded with the budget money and ran away to parts unknown. The barangay Kapitan and salaried workers have not gotten a paycheck since then, but are still doing their assigned jobs with promises from the mayor that money will be replaced. Not sure how this happens...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

That sounds quite complicated,

Queenie,  MOTC it happens more than anyone will Admit. Our past Captain went missing some 4 years ago with funds for our Concrete Road Which, if people can remember. I have Agreed to donate a 30+ meter section of. The Current captain is his nephew and refuses to submit  accounts covering the absconders period. As always we know where we are :89: 

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Our past Captain went missing some 4 years ago with funds for our Concrete Road

You are lucky in a way.  Many of these embezzlers build the concrete road, but without enough concrete.  Then the road is a mess in a year or so.  Better to have no road for now and do it right when you get it done.

• Like 3