Consultant, versus looking for a job

SunChaser
Posted
Posted
On 09/12/2017 at 6:17 PM, bigpearl said:

Welcome to the forum SunChaser, hope you find what you are looking for. Legalities dictate who you will/should pay taxes to and written in black and white no matter the country, do your research well, due diligence etc. Risk factor? 

Your question appears open ended and as a "consultant" should know the answers. As JGF stated don't be posting links that you are perhaps trying to sell or perhaps naively added, you hit the wrong market if that was your aim and if you read this forum will be met with scepticism and no easy sales. If perhaps you are genuine and offer realistic valuable info from personal experiences to the members do the yards on this and I can assure you other sites, earn your merit then there may be a different reaction. Sorry to be sceptical but your initial post smacks of phishing.

Hope my views are not out of line moderators, OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I absolutely was not "phishing". I am only just looking into working in the Philippines. I only mentioned being a consultant, because it means you don't have to get a potential employer to fill out paperwork for you. Which it seems is a big hurdle. Thought it might be helpful to others looking for work.

With regards to asking about taxes, it is the next step I will be researching. Was just hoping maybe someone had an answer or link that was helpful. I have never worked outside of Canada, so not sure about taxes. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What on and who are you going to consult. If it's 100% overseas and you are not paid in the Philippines there's no one in the Philippines to pay tax to. Stop treating the Philippines like a first world country and fly under the radar like everyone else.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Gary D said:

What on and who are you going to consult. If it's 100% overseas and you are not paid in the Philippines there's no one in the Philippines to pay tax to. Stop treating the Philippines like a first world country and fly under the radar like everyone else.

There in lies the answer and to reiterate do your research both internally and externally. I have worked in PH twice and was paid in US bucks (tax free) to my Aussie bank account no different to GBP or Euro's in other countries. My obligations are to report external incomes and pay the taxes accordingly within my own country, tax treaties certainly come into play as well as duration of (employment/consultancy). Your circumstances may be different, perhaps an account in a tax removed country, who knows.

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by bigpearl
  • Like 2