After annulment can my Filipino gf remarry

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Been together with my girlfriend for over a year now. 

Was aware she was separated but married before.

Went to solicitor and found she has grounds for annulment being she was only 20 and none of her parents signed papers or present.

However the big question is please. Can when the annulment is done can we marry and move to the uk. I am a uk man myself.

Does her annulment to another Filipino give her lawful clearance to marry me and move to the uk.

TIA

Shaun

Edited by Shaun Paul Porter

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

However the big question is please. Can when the annulment is done can we marry and move to the uk.

The easy answer is yes if it has been lodged with the Courts/ PSA but I believe there is a part of the law that says there is a 300 + day period before she can remarry in the PI as she needs a cenomar to show the Annulment

Of course my Friends this is a sticky area for most of us and needs to be investigated thoroughly :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks @Jack Peterson what I’m gathering from my research on the positive side of things is that it’s 30 days after the annulment if uncontested and still no sign of ex (he’s been gone 10 years) that she can remarry? But then there’s lots of negative stuff on google too so just don’t really know who to trust which is why I asked you wise bunch 🤗.

If she can remarry in the Philippines to me I just want to know if I can legally get her to uk from that? I read somewhere they need off the nso a certificate of some sort proving she hasn’t been married before?

im hoping someone on here has the experience or knowledge of this situation and the procedures taking a Filipino to the uk 🇬🇧 

thanks 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Annulment means basically it never happened so no reason one could not remarry.  I think in your case with no parental consent it could be declared null and void. 

More info here, https://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-divorce-legal-separation-in-the-philippines-questions-and-answers/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

I read somewhere they need off the nso a certificate of some sort proving she hasn’t been married before?

That is what I was referring to, Annulment is just that, to show the marriage never took and she is free to marry BUT as with many things here it takes sooooo long for them to actually tell you this in Certificate form. 

Best of Luck mate :thumbsup:

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks as always @Jack Peterson your most helpful 😊. 

We have a good atty and paying a good price to get it done within a year as the gf has good grounds but with everything you just want to check spending the ridiculous amount of money getting her annulled if she can’t come to the uk is pointless and I’d save the cash and buy an island out in phil 😂😂.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

Thanks as always @Jack Peterson your most helpful 😊. 

A Law article you may find useful;

http://www.manilatimes.net/widow-can-remarry-301-days-after-husbands-death/282073/ 

It also covers annulment :smile:

• Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks @Jollygoodfellow Just need find if I can get the her married to me to come uk now?

she married previously in a church so I know we can’t do that again but I think a civil marriage is fine it’s just making sure we get married legitimately to satisfy immigration 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Shaun, not put a damper on this, but marriage does not guarantee a visa to UK.

In a similar situation my then GF tried twice as my fiancée and failed and once as my wife.

It was only when I got my local MP involved did we make head way.

Apparently it is easier to marry in Hong Kong and obtain a visa there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Really @Kuya John could you enlighten me of the Hong Kong situation and why that is so please? 

I think it’s imperitive that I get married legitimately in Philippines then mate. I have no issues with me passing all the criteria my side in the U.K. 

What was the reasons of the uk immigrations refusal for your lady if you don’t mind me asking?

thanks