After annulment can my Filipino gf remarry

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Shaun

It's some time since I had all the hassle and things may of change.

My friend married his Filipina G/F in Hong Kong with very little trouble.

One thing was pointed out to me at the time I married my wife was it did not give her automatic access to a British visa to come to England

As I recall I had to prove that I was capable of supporting her here in UK, so having taken early retirement to marry her in Philippines I flew back to England and found a job ASAP.

I believe the criteria now is, she would not be entitled to any benefit's ( healthcare etc for a stated amount of time) and you would need to have an income of a certain amount.

This all needs to be looked at and I'm sure there will be others who can enlighten you further.

My last option would of been to sell up and live in Philippines, which was very nearly the case.

check this out and research as much as you can of the legal entry to UK.......Family visas: apply, extend or switch - GOV.UK

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its for 5 years , the state will not support her, plus you have to take out  insurance  each year for this cover, you will also have to be earning above a certain amount or have savings of a certain amount, have lodging and the list goes on.

I was lucky and that was only just over 7 years ago, we still had to pay for visas , but its all worth it.

Now would i do it all again , not a chance, i would work so hard to make enough money then move over to the Phils, England is not like England use to be, its changing .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Meeting all of the requirements is only half of the battle, you still have to get past their trying to limit immigration into the UK. As they have not opted to limit immigration from the EU they try to screw down non-EU immigration.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah the whole world has gone down them last two posts track, bloody hard to get anyone into Oz now. Medical expenses still ok but you have to guarantee you will support them for two years. Pensions and ect, 10 years then only a percent until 30 years, no wonder there is so many expats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

There may or may not be hope for things to change when it comes to divorce in the Philippines. There is currently a bill in Congress for changing the law. Only time will tell if it happens. http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/154713/dissolution-marriage-bill-ok-christmas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

There may or may not be hope for things to change when it comes to divorce in the Philippines. There is currently a bill in Congress for changing the law. Only time will tell if it happens.

How right you are My friend but even if the law is changed we will still see places like PSA, DFA and the LTO dragging their feet to finalise things and that I tend to feel will still big a big problem here, Finalisation of Anything & that is what really counts  :huh:

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

As has been highlighted the UK is changing and visas are getting harder. Marriage is no guarantee of entry anymore and it has been like that for a few years. The last time I checked you had to have enough finances to support both of you. Add to this there's been too many marriages of convenience previously where women get married to enter the country and once they get citizenship they separate and take the husband to the cleaners. The usual saga where a few bad apples ruin it for the others.

Even if married you will be interviewed by an individual who has seen it all before. I'd be expecting them to look at how long you've known each other and lived under the same roof. Proof of life time experiences together etc. My good friend has lived in the Philippines for about 35 years and married for almost 10 years. He visits the UK most years with his wife and has to jump through the usual hoops before she gets a visa stamp to leave the Philippines.  

I wish you luck in your venture but it's best to have all bases covered especially as she's already married. Remember adultery in the Philippines is a criminal offence so by proving you have a good past together you are admitting to adultery.

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

Meeting all of the requirements is only half of the battle, you still have to get past their trying to limit immigration into the UK. As they have not opted to limit immigration from the EU they try to screw down non-EU immigration.

This is so true, its a pity they dont make people from the Eu pay the same amount as someone from maybe Asia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks .Kuya John

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all for your responses 😀.

I think tbh it’s a now or never shot to go with the annulment and try and get her to the uk. As you guys are saying it’s getting harder so the sooner I try the more chance we will have I guess.

In all honesty I’m trying to utilise my current position to benefit options in the future to us. I know now if we start this process and are successful then we’re open to the option of getting her to the uk.

I have a solid job with no history of unemployment and earn above the threshold of 21k I believe it is now to support the visa application. Have my own house etc so I figure use these now and apply. 

If unsuccessful a life in the Philippines is possible and sometimes appealing but as a lot of you guys have said in my previous posts... retiring at 35 is not enjoyable it can get boring out there so that’s my thing to consider.

I think I’m swayed to the idea of bring the good lady to uk work a little longer make some more money and then settle in phil but time will tell.

Nothing ever seems easy does it guys 🤪

• Like 1