Scary? No more laughable but hey what do I know!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif: Just before Lunch, I was Standing on our terrace talking to the Dogs ( Well they are the only ones who listen most of the time) When a beggar passed the  railings in the wall by the gate, she started banging on the gate with a stick, So of I go down to the gate  to see what was what.GIVE me money she was demanding and thrusting a hand through the railings of the gate [ Silly thing to do as the Dogs were not impressed with her Shouting] Anyway, I said oh! No, you come back after 6 pm when my wife is here, Nope she stood there Demanding, out come my helpers who had heard her, I asked them to ask her to come back later, the Elder of my helpers said OH! she is a Wak Wak speaker sir, you can tell by the clothes :huh:, well just please tell her to move on.

She did but as she was leaving she started to do some sign language and the helper said OH! my she is doing a spell :hystery: I thought oh my. :whistling:

So here I am still alive and have legs arms and feet still, Will these type try anything for a few Pesos, the Younger of my helpers said good you did not give as when I went for the Bread earlier there were a few gathered by the Bread shop having just got out of an easyride  and you give they might all have come at  different  times :waiting_80_anim_gif: Cheeky Blighters

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shock_40_anim_gif: Just before Lunch, I was Standing on our terrace talking to the Dogs ( Well they are the only ones who listen most of the time) When a beggar passed the  railings in the wall by the gate, she started banging on the gate with a stick, So of I go down to the gate  to see what was what.GIVE me money she was demanding and thrusting a hand through the railings of the gate [ Silly thing to do as the Dogs were not impressed with her Shouting] Anyway, I said oh! No, you come back after 6 pm when my wife is here, Nope she stood there Demanding, out come my helpers who had heard her, I asked them to ask her to come back later, the Elder of my helpers said OH! she is a Wak Wak speaker sir, you can tell by the clothes :huh:, well just please tell her to move on.

She did but as she was leaving she started to do some sign language and the helper said OH! my she is doing a spell :hystery: I thought oh my. :whistling:

So here I am still alive and have legs arms and feet still, Will these type try anything for a few Pesos, the Younger of my helpers said good you did not give as when I went for the Bread earlier there were a few gathered by the Bread shop having just got out of an easyride  and you give they might all have come at  different  times :waiting_80_anim_gif: Cheeky :feetontable_anim:Blighters

wow ! I am totally unfamiliar with that here in Capiz. Are supernatural 'shakedowns' ( of a loosely defined type if that.'s what it was) common where you live?  I've never experienced that in my area, but I've considered doing 'foreign curse magic' hoopla and magic show once against a local greedy woman who for private gain, caused a lot of local social turmoil in the neighborhood. Of course, it was only a fantasy desire for justice' sake, but I know well the power of superstition locally and how effective it may be at times. Placing  a public curse on individuals maybe passe in modern western societies, but it had its place in history until the Age of Reason (Seems we've regressed recently since Reason seldom rules anything these days). Glad you dodged the inane bullet.:feetontable_anim:

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

Its bemusing (though sad) that so many still believe in the superstitious nonsense.

The RC influence can be tissue-thin.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We had women like that come by when we lived in our rental here in Davao. Not aggressive, though. But not leaving without some coin, either.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We had some of those beggars in Valencia market Sunday morning.A Swedish man gave her money and a Brit called him an idiot.Well they had a little spat nothing too serious but the Swedish man`s reasoning was that as a tourist with his own money he could do what hi liked with it.The Brit told him that when you give to one they tell their friends and a while later they turn up.The Swedish man did not believe this until a little while later we had lots of beggars around almost demanding money.

I have seen lorry loads of Carol singers being dropped off and they will follow each other (at intervals) especially if a foreigner is about and gives.

In one respect it is best not to give if you want any peace and quiet.

• Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I am curious. What is a "Wak Wak speaker" and what sort of distinctive clothes do they wear? Please educate us in this matter if you are able to.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Glad you dodged the inane bullet.:feetontable_anim:

Well my friend according to some here I am a Kuripot so it was easy :wink:

2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

I am curious. What is a "Wak Wak speaker"

Well we are but a little over 3/4 an hours from "SIQUIJOR" island which [ Pun intended] that is supposed the Haunted Island of the Visayas, the superstition is such that they have speakers to do their Bidding (  the Witches that is) the clothes are somewhat like we would see in Movies ie long Skirts and tall hats, I kid you not. and on reflection, that stick may have been a Broom:hystery:witches broom.jpg ( well who am I to know:whistling:) Yet another day in the Life of Jack Uncle jack.png I can be just as Scary when the mood takes me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

For those not familiar this is a Mo Mo, not to be confused with the Wak Wak.   :shock_40_anim_gif:

Uncle jack.png

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is the one that scares me.  The big Mac Mac.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-11-at-214600.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4