Monthly Costs

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

It's been a while since this has been done, in fact when I went looking for the particular thread it actually stated down the bottom to start a new thread as that one was out of date (IamBob's thread).  So here it is:

I'm after ball park figures on what you spend each month so if you could answer the following it would be great (PHP would be good - it's our common currency):

Town/Province:

Number of people in your residence:

Type of Residence (house, townhouse, unit, studio etc):

Rent:

Electricity:

Water:

Gas (if applicable):

Internet:

Landline (if applicable):

Mobile/Cell:

Groceries (includes booze):

Car rego/insurance:

Fuel:

I'm in the process of fleshing out a budget now that my move will be happening in the foreseeable future so any assistance would be appreciated.  I'm going to put it all into an Excel spreadsheet and average it and share it with you all once we have a large enough sample.  I can also see more up to date numbers helping many other members too.  Think of it as a community service project :7500:

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Town/Province:   Sta Rosa Laguna

Number of people in your residence:  3 + 1 helper

Type of Residence (house, townhouse, unit, studio etc):  House

Rent:   p40,000 furnished house,....now 0,...home owner

Electricity:  p7,500 monthly

Water:    p350 monthly

Gas (if applicable):  

Internet:     internet+landline+cable = p2400 fiber optic,..monthly

Mobile/Cell:  p1100 monthly total for three phones

Groceries (includes booze):  ~p30,000 monthly  no booze

Car rego/insurance:    p15,000 annual

Fuel:     ~p6000 monthly

added 12-22-17

School:    6 grade  Del la Salle ~p100,000 annual

Insurance:   p81,000 annual

Helper;   live in   p3500 monthly

Edited by intrepid
additions
  • Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I used to use Numbeo quite a bit, and entered data from time to time, but I see that they no longer list my city. It is a good way to get a rough guide however for many places here. I see that IloIlo had 30 contributors.  For what ever value this has for you personally in your quest for place comparisons. There is another good site as well.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Expatistan is cruder and doesn't give such a detailed survey breakdown.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

I used to use Numbeo quite a bit, and entered data from time to time, but I see that they no longer list my city. It is a good way to get a rough guide however for many places here. I see that IloIlo had 30 contributors.  For what ever value this has for you personally in your quest for place comparisons. There is another good site as well.

I know Numbeo pretty well, but I want figures that are actual in the present day.  Boots on the ground experience as we say.  Your city is no longer listed so you'd be the perfect candidate for what I'm trying to do :thumbsup:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Hey Brett, all places in the islands can be different cost wise and to add to the equation all people are unique with needs/wants and an acceptable lifestyle to suit, lavish or basic local tastes. We have all gone down this road myself included, the info is there if you care to sift through the countless posts and some great info here and a plethora of other sites but for me I eventually created a budget based on experience "boots on the ground" as they say, "yes that old saying again" and I soon came to realise that my budget was about me/my better half and what we would require to live a comfortable lifestyle here and have posted on my thoughts several times, while some are aghast others think too little. 

Our budget is AU $ 3.5 to 4K per month,,,,,,,,,,, depending on the amount of holidays O/S we indulge in. (One allowed in the costs annually) We own the house in PH so only outgoings including a man Friday, 2 bikes and the family car. No yachts or Lamborghini's but plenty of piss, smokes and a chosen life. Only our figures Brett and the nagging voice in my head say's 2.5 to 3 K per month but always allow for your budget and the proverbial unexpected.

Good luck with the info you gain relative to your area and needs.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm after ball park figures on what you spend each month so if you could answer the following it would be great (PHP would be good - it's our common currency):

In your budget questions I dont see immigration costs.  :santa_smiley:

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Petty cost such as suggested come into the equation no different to annual tricycle/bus fares if you don't own wheels, utility costs/rent or purchases are more relevant, daily needs far outweigh such trivialities as JGF fully understands and as often stated we, myself included tend to miss the big picture, health care, registrations and insurances if wheels/property are involved, the family wishes and ongoing commitments if any, and yes personal needs already set in motion no matter big or bigger.

Would be interested to see a real budget from a far more experienced member such as JGF instead of trivialities. As a senior member of this forum what real advice could/would you offer not only to the OP but fellow members with regards to the topic at hand?

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by bigpearl

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bigpearl said:

Would be interested to see a real budget from a far more experienced member such as JGF instead of trivialities.

Immigration is not as Tr

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

8 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Would be interested to see a real budget from a far more experienced member such as JGF instead of trivialities.

Immigration is not as Trivial as many think, A lot of ex-pats here fall foul and become victims because they did not cater for it, Let's not not put any personal  feelings or thoughts into this,it is the downfall of many believe me:whistling:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Petty cost such as suggested come into the equation no different to annual tricycle/bus fares if you don't own wheels, utility costs/rent or purchases are more relevant, daily needs far outweigh such trivialities as JGF fully understands and as often stated we, myself included tend to miss the big picture, health care, registrations and insurances if wheels/property are involved, the family wishes and ongoing commitments if any, and yes personal needs already set in motion no matter big or bigger.

Would be interested to see a real budget from a far more experienced member such as JGF instead of trivialities. As a senior member of this forum what real advice could/would you offer not only to the OP but fellow members with regards to the topic at hand?

Cheers, Steve.

Really

Petty and Trivial costs . What if the OP is on a tight budget? What if the OP lives in the mountains and has to make a day trip each time to immigration? Do we put that in transport cost? We can take all the trivial costs out and make a false budget but what good will that do anyone? 

So as a senior member of this forum my real advice is to stop trying to get up my nose as Christmas is coming and Santa wont play nice.  :28:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2