Cleanliness of restaurant staff.

Mr-T
Posted
Posted (edited)

From time to time we travel out of town and that means we always stopped at restaurants along the way as our trip usually is a seven hours drive from North Luzon to Manila. Well there is this particular filipino restaurant which my wife likes to eat. I do not like the place as i notice it does not look too clean but my wife insist on eating there so i just go along. So after eating i went to the mens C.R. to pee. Here comes one of their cook with his white apron on, saw me using the urinal so he decided to use the toilet bowl to pee in. He peed walked out of the C.R. without washing his hand. Just imagine if he took a poop, most likely he would do the same, no washing of hand. No wonder people here get sick with typhoid fever so often. i asked for the manager and told him in a nice polite way. Please tell your staff to wash their hands when they use the toilet. Guy looked a little embarrassed but thanked me, we shocked hands and i walked out.

Do not think i will eat there any more. 

Edited by Mr-T
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mr-T said:

No wonder people here get sick with typhoid fever so often. i asked for the manager and told him in a nice polite way. Please tell your staff to wash their hands when they use the toilet. Guy looked a little embarrassed but thanked me, we shocked hands and i walked out.

:89:Hmmmmmm a never ending saga I am afraid but that is not confined to the Philippines :whistling:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr-T said:

without washing his hand.

Guess you have never worked in a restaurant before. Just imagine what happens in places you can not see. I could tell you stories :Caught:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont like to wash my hands inside the toilet area as 90% of others who dont wash touch the door handle on the way out so seems pointless to wash before. Lucky my watering hole has wash basins and a tap also on the outside that you can on and off by pushing the lever with elbow or back of your hand.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Just got back from another great Boracay week.  But... while there, at a very nice place run by a South African chef, I was in the CR, 2 people were in front of me. One was a customer, one a waiter. The customer washed his hands, the waiter did not.  I should have told Mike but did not want to spoil his christmas eve ha ha   Still a great party, but I am glad it was not my waiter. I can almost convince myself that my waiter is different ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mr-T said:

Guy looked a little embarrassed but thanked me, we shocked hands and i walked out.

Maybe shaking hands wasn't such a hot idea?

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Last trip the wife ate at a roadside place that had chickens wandering freely. I just sat there. She's lucky she didn't get sick.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This cleanliness issue is not confined to restaurants.I was in a supermarket at the meat counter,a girl working behind the counter sneezed over the meat no face mask and no attempt to cover her mouth/nose with her hand.Never bought meat there again.

• Like 1