Budget help

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I've seen a few posts quoting rent prices, do any off you know there is a law in the PI's that controls the amount of rent a landlord can charge?

It's in the Browse section under : Often needed links, go to, Tax reform, then click: Rent control law.

Now before I get a pile of rubbish about how it is not controlled, it is there for the reading. Barangay Captains have been warned about referring complaints to the right authorities if they receive one.

I suspect it doesn't mean mansion, but the normal 2/3 bedroom house is what I think it targets. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Now before I get a pile of rubbish about how it is not controlled, it is there for the reading

Lots of stuff is available for the reading.  If everything we read online was equally and fairly enforced then there would not be much to discuss on this forum.  Let's ask if any forum members have ever had occasion to use the rent control laws and how that worked for them. :89:

19 minutes ago, Clermont said:

do any off you know there is a law in the PI's that controls the amount of rent a landlord can charge?

I cannot think of a law anywhere that controls how much rent a landlord can charge when renting to a tenant for the first time.  Do you know of one?  The rent "increases" are controlled though, as you mentioned.  Renting a house or apartment for the first time seems to be a case of whatever the market will bear.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yes Dave, read the link.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Most links are PI government links with codes, this is not but it is accurate.

What's in the approved TRAIN Tax Reform of 2018? - PinoyMoneyTalk.com

Feb 26, 2018 - Implementation of said new taxation has begun on January 1, 2018 ... Everything about TRAIN Law and BIR Tax Implementing Guidelines ... New Personal Income Tax Rates and Income Tax Tables in the Philippines (2018) ...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I cannot think of a law anywhere that controls how much rent a landlord can charge when renting to a tenant for the first time.

As it says in the blog, its about how much a tenant can increase each year so I believe you are correct. There is no law saying that you can ask for  P20000 even if the market is only getting P10000 for the first lock in rent period.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yes Dave a link is only as good as what you want to read and if you want to argue, do it with someone else. I posted a post and you tried to turn it around to humiliate me. If you don't like something don't read it, this is not the first time you've had a snip at me but rest a shored it's the last.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Clermont said:

. I posted a post and you tried to turn it around to humiliate me. If you don't like something don't read it, this is not the first time you've had a snip at me

Sorry, I did not realize it was a snip at you.  Nor did I realize you would be humiliated.  I was simply stating my opinion.  I shall remove the offending post.

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
On 1/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, marine6357 said:

No Jake that is correct $500/month it really should be more because I actually pay $3200 a year in school taxes and another $3150 in county taxes per year. I live in one of the highest taxed counties in the US. That is the biggest reason I am wanting to get out of this state and country. Sick of forking over almost 22% of my monthly income to the Government. Not including sales tax on goods and services of 8.75% also where I live with have some of the highest percent of fuel taxes in the country. 

WOW. I had no idea the marines paid so well these days... i like what jake said.. basically toss the budget plan til youve gotten the lay of the land. 

marine6357
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

WOW. I had no idea the marines paid so well these days... i like what jake said.. basically toss the budget plan til youve gotten the lay of the land. 

Actually the money I make is from my pension and SSDI I get no retirement from my military service. Didn't stay in long enough. I am actually retired from The phone company(Verizon). Worked 25 years for them and now I am shot. Bad knees and hips from climbing poles in all kinds of weather. That is why I have SSDI also.

As for the budget we all need somewhere to start.

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Actually the money I make is from my pension and SSDI I get no retirement from my military service. Didn't stay in long enough. I am actually retired from The phone company(Verizon). Worked 25 years for them and now I am shot. Bad knees and hips from climbing poles in all kinds of weather. That is why I have SSDI also.

As for the budget we all need somewhere to start.

my bro was a c&p climber/splicer/bucket man in all of the worst weather.. i understand... best of everything to you in your adventure