Safety for Pil-Am Kids?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

No matter how hard you try, you will always be an American while in PH, and your son will be Phil-Am!  :smile: 

Cheer up!  Things could always be much worse... In my case, I was mistakenly identified (by the locals) as being an 'Englishman' on more than one occassion. :smile:

Yep...that trumps being called an American! 

• Haha 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I seriously doubt this is a regular occurrence and may just be one of those stories told to kids to stop them going away with strangers.  

No mate it was clear this is an awful problem, my wife's family are educated, honest people and know this is a real problem from time to time, I am not saying its an every day problem but it has both grownups and children terrified  and children disappear far too often for it to be " stories". 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

No matter how hard you try, you will always be an American while in PH, and your son will be Phil-Am!  :smile: 

Cheer up!  Things could always be much worse... In my case, I was mistakenly identified (by the locals) as being an 'Englishman' on more than one occassion. :smile:

Not an Englishman, just a badly behaved colonist.

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not an Englishman, just a badly behaved colonist.

So, badly behaved colonists are mistakenly believed to be Englishmen (in the Phils) :89::whistling::shades:

loveiloilo
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Friend, I am a Little confused on this, can you explain to this ole Knucklehead how this is possible. :wink:

My great grand parents on both sides of the family where homesteaders from Spain... came to the Philippines in the early 1900's. Back then, if you developed the land, built the roads, the land adjacent was yours for free.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

So, badly behaved colonists are mistakenly believed to be Englishmen (in the Phils) :89::whistling::shades:

If you ask the Brits then 'Australian' is pretty much a synonym for 'badly behaved colonial' :hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

If it hadn't been for my 'badly-behaved colonist' ancestors... where would you proud people be today ? :tongue:

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, loveiloilo said:

My great grand parents on both sides of the family where homesteaders from Spain... came to the Philippines in the early 1900's. Back then, if you developed the land, built the roads, the land adjacent was yours for free.

Yes My Friend I see where you are coming from to the 3rd Generation but to actually claim the 100% and gain any privileges from it you would need to go back 2 more. One member actually has the right to a Spanish Passport through his blood line and as I understand it like the Portuguese you would need those 5 generation statistics to qualify. Maybe best not to Muddy this Topic as we are, maybe one of us could  run a Topic on this ( what could be a fascinating Topic) very Item " Bloodlines"   There go my friend I have Started by doing the Title, :mocking: Your Turn Now:whistling:

Have a Good Weekend :tiphat: