Integration! (has some drawbacks? )

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it does play on my mind about the way Kids latch onto people that are kind

Agreed.  I have felt like the Pied Piper on more than one occasion when I used to go for walks in the hills where kids seldom see a foreigner walking.  I always bought them treats to take their mind off following me and it always worked.  It would be the same in any country these days.  An adult gets liked by friendly kids and he's an automatic perv in some people's eyes.  Oh well.  We do what we must.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

An adult gets liked by friendly kids and he's an automatic perv in some people's eyes.  Oh well.  We do what we must.

:thumbsup: YEP! but I hope the councilor remembers what he said if anything goes wrong :wink:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I can see where you are going with this Jack, but in our cases there are usually an local adult about which takes away the problem of being in the childrens company.I too try to integrate and see the pitfalls which can basically entrap us when we have no bad intentions.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

pitfalls which can basically entrap us when we have no bad intentions.

Maybe the day will come when we have to hang a notice on our gates at Christmas that says " Carol singers must be over 18" :hystery:

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Yes I know you are all laughing But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):  :wink:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe the day will come when we have to hang a notice on our gates at Christmas that says " Carol singers must be over 18" :hystery:

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Yes I know you are all laughing But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):  :wink:

I don`t think anybody with an ounce of sense would laugh at that.It may well become true.I think they need to sit down and re-think how the law is written.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I think Jack had the kiddie been found at your place an others present be zero problem. If one in the unfortunatel situation of being alone even if the kiddie was outside the potential is there for problems.

Most well publizied cases involving foreigner with minors involve either terminals , resorts or hotels. One must of course exercise care how ever would be extremely unlikely that a well known  Kindly ex pat like our Jack would arouse any suspicion with the authorities,  unless of course he had made an enemy you with authority.

I personally belive this whole well talked about law is taken far to exremely by most expats. I spend heaps of time walking out dog surrounded by young kids joking and such.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, RBM said:

I personally belive this whole well talked about law is taken far to exremely by most expats. I spend heaps of time walking out dog surrounded by young kids joking and such.

Theres been two cases in about a month or so where it appears the foreigner is innocent and doing good things for people or the community. One hung himself in detention the other is charged with having minors accompany him bearing in mind an 19 and 18 year old aunt was in the group. But as you say, no harm in talking or joking just dont take anywhere. 

http://philippineslifestyle.com/hollywood-cameraman-hanged-cell-cebu/

http://philippineslifestyle.com/child-trafficking-belgian-family-trip/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2