Landers vs S&R

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Finally went to Landers in Cebu,

Past 3 years have always gone to S&R for most of my USA foods. Well Landers is very similar. The membership(online) is at half price at P400. With that can get free haircuts, fuel discounts of P1-P1.5, which is something S&R does not have. Very clean facility, and the staff was very helpful! Even going on a Thursday, there were not many people around so checkout was very quick with no waiting in lines. The product selection was varied such as S&R, even some of the products were the same. Landers also carries the Kirtland brand which is the Costco, S%R brands. The meat selections were better than S&R currently carries. We prefer to buy beef in blocks and take home to cut and freeze in zip locks. The food court was very busy. Maybe cuz we were there around lunch time. Checking the food court items were very similar to S&R with a few differences in salads and such. Although they both have products different from one another. I think from now on, I will go to Landers first, and what I don't find there, go to S&R  to finish what I couldn't find. I haven't compared yet price differences, I'll do that next month for like items. So for my vote, Landers gets a 4 out 5, S&R about 3 out 5. Will be adding more info next month!

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Rod,

I too belong to S&R and Landers. Both great markets! I find some things that I can only get at Landers, so it does fill in the gaps at times.  Overall though,  as far as meats, fruits and vegetables, cheese and dairy, unique items, candy etc.,  I choose S&R hands down over Landers. I now go to Landers about once every three months, and S&R for a big shopping once a month. 

I used to get excited eating at S&R, but the thrill is gone for me now--too crowded and it seems that the quality of the food has gone down. .Landers food court rather limited, but great ice cream!

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 2

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Just left Landers and the parking lot was 70% full so i'm thinking ok the aisles will crowded. Not so, seems most families love to go there and dine in the food area because there were only a few empty tables. The main two items I went there for those extra large salmons and lite mayo..OUT OF STOCK SIRRRRRRRR!!!! I shudda known. On to S&R tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, russellmania said:

Just left Landers and the parking lot was 70% full so i'm thinking ok the aisles will crowded. Not so, seems most families love to go there and dine in the food area because there were only a few empty tables. 

I had the same impression last October when I was there. Looked like it was packed - line of cars trying to get in, so I just kept going and never went there. 

The apartment I rented is within walking distance, so next visit ( in 2 weeks, 😁) I’ll be sure to check it out. Already a member of S&R and do like it. But would be nice to have a place that’s close by where I can get some specialty items and good quality fish. Fooda, where we do a lot of our basic shopping is ok, but I’m not sure about the quality of their fresh meat, poultry and seafood (that department always has a funny smell,lol) and there’s only a limited selection frozen seafood. 

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gator said:

I had the same impression last October when I was there. Looked like it was packed - line of cars trying to get in, so I just kept going and never went there. 

The apartment I rented is within walking distance, so next visit ( in 2 weeks, 😁) I’ll be sure to check it out. Already a member of S&R and do like it. But would be nice to have a place that’s close by where I can get some specialty items and good quality fish. Fooda, where we do a lot of our basic shopping is ok, but I’m not sure about the quality of their fresh meat, poultry and seafood (that department always has a funny smell,lol) and there’s only a limited selection frozen seafood. 

I had the same experience at Rustons on Salvatore St. It seems every time I go there their fresh meat area seems to have that rotten meat smell going on. I buy everything but meat in that Rustons.

• Like 1