Advice for a new expat in the Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mick said:

Hi Jolly............... from what im reading, im not actually earning income there, business meetings do not come under this or Business Development / Contract negotiations, i know its a mine field, and im sure everyone is right, it will come down to the person who gets involved from the government and there interpretation on the day, i will how ever seek advice from a lawyer once there to make sure everything is done correctly, as there will be a transition period for me, coming and going a few times a month. 

"Quote"

"A foreign national who shall engage in gainful employment for three to six months"

Yes Mick. I was just replying and quoting Dave as we sort of got off topic which those posts were not directly about you or your situation. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added word

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Are you people saying I can't legally earn an income while over there? Because I do. I keep doing my work, and keep drawing  a paycheck.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, Reboot said:

Are you people saying I can't legally earn an income while over there? Because I do. I keep doing my work, and keep drawing  a paycheck.

The legal part comes in with where your income comes from (outside of the Philippines or in the Philippines), if your income is within the Philippines you need a Visa that allows you to work. Example, a web designer working remotely for people/companies outside of the Philippines and getting paid by them, even a tourist Visa is fine. However, if working for people/companies within the Philippines you have to be on a Visa that allows you to work.

• 5 months later...
Whalewatcher
Posted
Posted
On 1/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, Jack Peterson said:

I spoke to My lawyer a while ago and asked about this ( she is an immigration Lawyer in CEBU) she pointed me to this

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/temporary-visitor-s-visa

Not a 9g nor a 9a and seems to have all things covered one way or another, not sure if it helps but it is what it is

Hello Jack,

Would you recommend your lawyer to me?

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Whalewatcher said:

Hello Jack,

Would you recommend your lawyer to me?

I will PM you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1